Buick V5

dereklola

IndyLights
Unfortunately my engine became a V5 last race weekend- exhaust valve head broke off - time for rebuild! Some with long memories my remember me asking questions several years ago as I installed an Indy lights spec engine to replace the Cosworth DFV in my F1 type single seater for vintage racing - road racing. Non-turbo of course.

NJMP Oct2011.jpg F3k RH side May09.jpg

I'll probably have many questions as I get into this rebuild but as I review what parts I've got I have a starter question - T&D versus Jesel rockers? The car has been running with T&D with no problems and I have some spares but the spare heads I have have Jesel rockers. Anyone have any comments or recommendations for one versus the other? I don't consider the application extreme - only about 425 BHP and 7000 RPM max - and in the nature of road racing with a car only weighing about 1200# often in the 5-6000 RPM range.

Thx - Derek

I used Jesels with my Stage I engine and was very happy with them. I think either system will work just fine with your application.

BTW, great looking car. How about some closeups of the engine. I love those long tube headers!

I've been wondering who had this car and where'd they'd gone.;) Glad to see that you're still trying and hope to see more of you and the car in the future.:cool: