Buick Survey...Please help!!!

TurboTom1986

:confused:

I am conducting a survey for a class; this is entirely fictitious (although I’d be very excited if it weren’t!). I am assuming the role of a marketing/design position with Buick whose purpose is to jump start Buick’s sales with a high performance concept…possibly based on an original concept we all know and love here. Imagine an all aluminum turbocharged v6, and styling very similar to the 87 Gn. Please take the time and answer these very quick questions…I am interested to see what you all have to say, and it would help me a great deal!!

1. How would you rate Buick’s products from the last 5 years?
1-10

2. Would you like to see more high performance concepts from Buick?
Yes/No

3. Would a return or redesign of any previous high performance Buicks of the past interest you?
Yes/No

4. Do you believe GM’s Buick division to be in financial peril?
Yes/No

5. If so, would any affordable high performance concepts bring them back into the light, or should they stick with luxury style sedans?

6. With all the “rumors” of a redesigned GNX floating around, do you feel Buick could reproduce anything close to the performance for the same value?
Yes/No

7. Could a potential high performance concept from Buick compete with any current designs that may come to mind? (i.e. GTO, Mustang, or Corvette)

8. Would the hot rod culture and/or aftermarket for performance parts catch on to another “hot rod” from Buick? Yes/No

9. How likely would you be to purchase a newly designed GNX, or Grand National?
Very Likely, Maybe, No…Not really

10. How important would it be to you as a buyer to retain the original aspects of the 86-87 grand nationals such as turbo charging, intercooler, or an automatic transmission?

Attachments

• PIC001.jpg
    PIC001.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 112
I'll take a crack at this.

#1- Buick in the last 5 years? Did they make Buicks after 1987? ....Oh yeah, the Rendevous. so 1
#2 Yes, but would only see and could'nt afford.
#3 Uhmm.... let me think...Oh yeah, how about the GN.
#4- refer to #1
#5 I believe the term "Affordable High Performance" is an oxymoron.
#6 refer to #5
#7 refer to #2
#8 refer to #2
#9-refer to #2
#10- The GN was unique for what it was and a new GN would have go on the same concept. However, I don't think a similar driveline would be practical enough for today's market.

A good source for your paper might be looking into the new GTO and how the market reacted to it because Pontiac had this same concept in mind here.

I'll take a crack at this.

#1- Are they still making Buicks?....Oh yeah, the Rendevous. So 1.
#2 Yes, but would only see and could'nt afford.
#3 Uhmm.... let me think...Oh yeah, how about the GN.
#4- refer to #1
#5 I believe the term "Affordable High Performance" is an oxymoron.
#6 refer to #5
#7 refer to #2
#8 refer to #2
#9-refer to #2
#10- The GN was unique for what it was and a new GN would have go on the same concept. However, I don't think a similar driveline would be practical enough for today's market.

#1. 7
#2. yes
#3. yes
#4. no
#5. Bring back another high performance car
#6. yes
#7. yes
#8. yes
#9. not really
#10. I think another intercooled, turbo charged, automatic would still work- look at what some of the imports are doing.

HTH's :)

This is very interesting for a first post. Are you a Buick owner? What class is this? High school? College?? Are you going to turn this over to Buick?? Do we get credit? :p

I'm more interested/ concerned about GM as a whole then just Buick.