Buick Southern Nationals @ Bradenton Fla.........NEW INFO added on 12/9/03

Ok back to the subject at hand . Rules? What's the 1 st place money and is there a bonus for low e-t and highest mile per hour ? I need to start planning ahead of time.

Originally posted by laz
Ok back to the subject at hand . Rules? What's the 1 st place money and is there a bonus for low e-t and highest mile per hour ? I need to start planning ahead of time.

Laz, are you running your car or Roy's or both? Just curious.......

Maybe just Roy's if we can't make the minimum weight with the lightweight car. I got a liquid intercooler and a 3000 pound car with 10.5 inchw's.

Originally posted by laz
Maybe just Roy's if we can't make the minimum weight with the lightweight car. I got a liquid intercooler and a 3000 pound car with 10.5 inchw's.

Is that Jorge's car?? You guys got his motor back together I'm assuming...... I would love to see that car show up (it would probably be in the 9's)!!!

Hey Laz, I just heard from somebody that the minimum weight for the 109 Outlaw class is 3400lbs, but Jesse is the one who makes the rules so he would be able to tell you if this is the minimum weight for sure or NOT.......

HTH and I hope you can bring that car to the race!

I like the concept, run what ya brung with a 109 and a min weight. I will keep an eye out for the final rules and the payout, 3400 lbs sounds like a fair min weight.

Dave Bamford

Originally posted by laz
No not Jorge`s car this car is on a different level!

Nice!!! I'm sure it's hush hush type stuff (secret) ;) so I'll just look forward to seeing it at the race:) :cool:

Nope it weighs 2900 with driver so 109 motor is out for that car. We might run Roy's with some new peice's :(

Originally posted by laz

Wow that sounds great..screw the rules.. your sure to have the fastest 109 block car with this setup :eek:

Next a 2500 lb GN.. sooner or latter the invisible GN running 6's..:D

What really would be cool is have 200 Buick powered cars running and 1000 spectators to view it..

:D

Lets get some sponsors together, bring the admission $$ down, have fun racing the cars, and put on a great time.

;)

Man, I hope my motor is together by then. It's gonna be close, perhaps even being the shakedown run at the event. :eek:

Rules???

I am ASS/u/ME'ng that the IHRA rules apply for cages in 11'99 and quicker???

Thanks

Jesse,

Did you recieve my e-mail about the event? If so, please respond. If not, please advise on your correct e-mail account.

Thanks!

IHRA is 11.49

BMP will typically let ya run a few sub 11.5 runs without too much question. In my particular case they want me to wear my SFI jacket along with my helmet, no cage tho. I know the rules..these are like BMP rules with the jacket.. I can run 11's all day and no issues.

Hope this helps..

you bust a 10.30 .. your gonna get kicked out.