Buick Reunion article IN a Magazine!

I received an email yesterday from a guy asking me some buick-related questions & he said that he saw the article I had published which he was impressed with, so thats where he got my email from.

I really had no clue what he was talking about until a few emails later!

You see, I attended the Buick Reunion back in Sept at the Kirban compound & took numerous photos & shot a dvd. It was well worth the 11 hour drive there (+ the $300 worth of gas roundtrip! :eek: ) - BEST car event I've ever attended!

Dennis Kirban was saying how he really wanted some magazine, ANY magazine to come and cover the event. Of course, he couldn't convince any to do so because there was too many other events going on around the country at the same time.

What a great Birthday present that would have been for Dennis! (and us too...) Magazine coverage of our beloved TR's!

So what's a fellow Buick nut to do?

Create my own magazine article (actually, about 7 different ones) and submit them to various publications pleading with them to run them! This was back in Oct. & I had forgot about this by now, but I shouldn't have, considering it took me 3 or 4 hours to write all different stories & format them to magazine specs.

Well.... FINALLY.... one did get published!

Of course, I'm not quite sure HOW they got it, as it wasn't one that I originally submitted to. Of course, being as a lot of the publishers have multiple magazine titles, I'm sure one just passed it along to the other....

At any rate, it's in the Jan. issue of a magazine called Drive! and is available free of charge at auto parts stores. BUT... from what I understand, is only available in Cal., Oregon & Wash!

SO, those who live in one of those states - pick up a copy & enjoy! Maybe someone can scan it & post here? :cool:

AND, can someone PLEASE pick up 3 copies of this magazine for me & send them my way!?? :biggrin: (postage reimbursement & a BIG Thanks waiting...)

Sure wish the magazine themself would have contacted me! Which they didn't, even though I gave them my contact info.! Oh well, thankfully, that guy informed me.

So it's a little late, but thats the way the magazine publishing schedules go... Happy Birthday Dennis! :wink:

If you'd like to see one of these well crafted articles that I did, send me a PM.

I have seen this magazine laying around various shops. Ill keep an eye out for it and see if I see one with a Buick article.