BANNED FOREVER
I saw a Buick Reatta today.

I had forgotten about these cars.

I've always liked them.

Has anyone ever done a conversion?

I think it'd be cool.

D
20160609_094401-1.jpg

I had one, sold it 6 mos ago, all orig, but. I gathered up a supercharged 3.8 V6, and was planing to do the swap,
now my friend is doing it, lightly modded engine, should make 350 hp, will make a sweet hot rod, the cars are comfortable , and fun to drive,
I'll see if I can get some pics.,

Wrong wheel drive kills it for me. Underneath it is a short Riviera. They look cool but I had a 91 Regal GS. Only front drive I ever had and I doubt ill have another as I hate working on em.

In 1987 at the GM proving ground in Mesa, AZ, there were 3 Reattas that were "modified".

One was supercharged and another one was a turbo installation.

The 3rd one was most interesting as it was a 3.8 turbo, and it had been converted to rear drive!

They displayed these at a local Buick event and all were running, driving vehicles.

The rear drive Reatta with a basic GN drivetrain was off-limits for test drives!

Knowing then the rear drive Regal was not going to be produced after 1987, we had hopes the turbo Reatta would survive, but Pontiac then took over the line of performance vehicles for GM.

In 1987 at the GM proving ground in Mesa, AZ, there were 3 Reattas that were "modified".

One was supercharged and another one was a turbo installation.

The 3rd one was most interesting as it was a 3.8 turbo, and it had been converted to rear drive!

They displayed these at a local Buick event and all were running, driving vehicles.

The rear drive Reatta with a basic GN drivetrain was off-limits for test drives!

Knowing then the rear drive Regal was not going to be produced after 1987, we had hopes the turbo Reatta would survive, but Pontiac then took over the line of performance vehicles for GM.

I think I remember reading about that in one of my car mags back then with some spy photo's as well.