Buick power source book question

Turbo Riviera

I am having a hard time locating my power source book... Does it have dimensions for the oil pan rails? I'm thinking about having a deep one made for my Riviera... Nobody makes one for it. I may also be sticking in a 20 bolt block, and to my knowlege 20 bolt wasn't used in Riv's... So I may be stuck making one anyway. Anyone with an '85 turbo Riv could tell me I guess.

I know it shows other block dimensions, but couldn't remember if it showed pan rail dim. If it does, I'll spend the time to try to find my book. If not, I'll just let it turn up on it's own later and measure the pan by hand.

There are dimensions for the 14-bolt block in the BPSM. I'll try and scan that page for you. I'm thinking they did make 20 bolt pans for the 85 year. I have discontinued part numbers listed and there is a difference in the 85 only numbers as compared to the 84 and older 14 bolt pans.They have to be pretty rare as only 1100 cars got the turbo motor and they didn't make the 4.1 in 85. I have one 85 Riv but I have never looked to see if it was a 14 or 20 bolt. The pan on the Riv is pretty weird looking. IIRC the sump is about 1" deeper than the deepest part of the G-body pan so I guess you could say the stocker is already a deep sump. The Riv pan has the sump at the rear of the motor where as the G-body has it in the middle. There are no baffles in the Riv pan. I think you would be better off making your own pan if you are going with the 20 bolt block only because there isn't a baffle and your project is capable of pulling some serious Gs. If sump location isn't a problem maybe one of the deep sumps from RJC might work. Also the pick up screen is E-body specific because of the sump location.

oil pan rail info

I just looked in my BPSM but could only find a diagram with dimensions for oil pan rail for 14 bolt configuration. :(
My 85 GN has a 20 bolt oil pan if that provides any useful info.
Peter

Turbo Riviera said:
Any luck on that power source page scan Eric?

Thanks!

No not yet. Let me get off my arse and do it tonight. The wife has got so much spyware loaded into the computer that I hate to even think about sending some one a scan. I'll probally jpeg it and post it here.