Buick/Mustang Challenge May 19th, Reynolds, Ga......

ACME RACING

( Adult Swim )
So far, the race is still on for May 19th...This is the same week-end as Bowling Green natls' is ending (Sat)..Gates open at 9:00 am to 5:00 pm....

alan :)

LOL.....That would be mighty nice of him to do that for us Buick owners. The 87 goes in the shop tomorrow, so hopefully the convertor will be re-stalled and back in for our little get-together. I've got a couple of South-GA folks coming with me, so looks to be a pretty decent gathering of TR/GNs. See ya'll there...look for either my 87 (EVILGN) or the 86 (SLOGN)...

I can't wait to see you guys down there!

This weekend we are putting my buddy's motor back in his supercharged 3.8L V6 mustang. I told him that he his first race has to be a Grand National. Boosted 6 cylinder to Boosted 6 cylinder.

I'm soooo excited!!!

Tell everybody you know to come down, I want this to be one hellacious race.

Jeez Conrad, how many message boards are you a member of!?

Chris (Psychoholic)
President and Webmaster
Street Lethal Stangs
www.street-lethal.com

Reynolds,ga

How do i get to the track coming from alabama on I-20????

To be honest, I have no idea!

However, I have their phone number, so give them a call and they should be able to tell you how to get there.

Silver Dollar Raceway
478-847-4414

Chris (Psychoholic)

Re: bamaman406 directions to SDR

I-20 E to Atl, I-285 bypass towards Macon on I-75 S, prior to Macon take I-475 bypass towards FL, beyond Macon about 35 S you will exit Hwy 96 W, drive this about 25 m and follow signs to Reynolds. Just outside Reynolds west of this bustlin' city will be SDR. I'll be there as well as Rob Woodruff and our friend Mike Waters from Augusta. Safe trip guys!

The 87 Turbo-T, but it's my daily driver and a track virgin car. 70 GS455 car needs a cam change/lifters and a carb rebuild now. Really need to get moving with that as I haven't driven it in quite some time. Got the parts just haven't got the time allotted yet. Miss that torque! Just getting the alky tuned right now on the 87- coming to give moral support and to help pit for Mike Water's GN he's planning to race. Looking forward to seeing some fast and sharp Mustangs too! That new Mach 1 is really causing quite a stir and is good looking to boot from what I saw on TV! I like! Sure it will be fun for all!:)

The convertor is in and all I can say is OMFG..This thing is a monster now. Mustangs beware......See ya'll at SDR on Sunday. Gonna be interesting to see if the car will improve on it's best pass so far, especially since it's never run right with the PTC 9"....Should be interesting...:D :D

Is SDR going to be open Saturday (5/18)? The site only goes through May 11th.

thanks

-Bobby

Turbo Buick Club of Atlanta

I'll bring our club banner and hang it up if ya'll want to hang out in the same spot......We usually get a spot around halfway down the track.....
:) alan

Alan / guys:

Here's the latest from SRD -

Sorry about not updating the schedule. We have had lightning and virus problems and are almost scared to try to answer e-mail. We have the "Street Lethal Stangs" - a Mustang event scheduled for the 19th. The 18th is one of our Jerry Barker Chevrolet ET Series events which is our 1/8th-mile series for Summit points. We also have the Super Gas Association Southeast scheduled for Saturday, May 18. Your best bet for tuning and testing would be on Friday night, May 17.
Thanks,
Ed Swearingen

Well, since I can't do the Nats, I'll drive down for this. I'll bring "Astro", my daily beater and just plan to have fun!

-Bobby

location.....

When we come down I-75 from Atlanta we turn off at the "Byron" exit to Ft Valley which is 12 miles. Then Hwy 96 W. to Reynolds about 11 miles......Hwy 96 W exit also goes straight to Ft Valley .......Coming up I-75 N, turn off at "Perry" Ga exit, Go left to Ft. Valley...... When you get in town , turn right at the stop sign/light ? , then a quick left about 50 yards up , then go about half mile and Silver Dollar on left , look for sign and cotton bales...................alan ;)

can't wait for this weekend!!! shooting for 11s N/a....hopefully i can take out a few turbo buicks too :eek:

I know what you mean. Now that the 87 is running good, I'm getting anxious as heck for Sunday to get here. This week will probably drag on forever...lol. I'll have the 87 primed and ready to take out a few non-Buicks...:D

I'm so glad you guys are coming.

I just hope that the GN's won't outnumber the mustangs!

(wouldn't seem right at a mustang hosted event)

:D

Chris (Psychoholic)