Buick Grand National Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Been browsing around, looks like this is the place to put my own personal touches on this car. Kinda disappointing that it is now closing in on winter months, but I'm sure I'll have time for a few miles before snow flies and it's put up for the winter.

Post some pics for us.

Regal nut, a new user here, I just bought the 87 vert that is in the bg show photos, saw it in a magazine when is was 18 years old and fell in love with it. I am a few miles away near Findlay and thought it was interesting someone from gburg was on this site. This one is a clone but appears to have all the correct gn goodies except the rear end. Maybe i'll see u around sometime.
ya we not too far apart!! Nice to see that someone else dose admire the strange things of life. we'll have to get together sometime and take the toys for a cruse. In the spring time for you! lol

Will post some pics soon, car will be delivered next week. Great photo gallery at sunsetclassics.com under cars for sale, a few videos also.I feel like a kid waiting on christmas when you peeked in your parents closet a weeks before but still had too wait! Sounds good regal nut! will be sometime for cruising and bs'n before snow flies, will let u know when i make it your way!

think the convert would look cool with a roll bar...seems kinda plain with top down

You almost read my mind! one thing i thought about was a bar similar to what the saleen mustangs had, not sure on how that would happen but somthing on the back burner brewing! will probably keep the car as is for a year or so to get familiar with it.

DB262555-8C18-4CFC-B6AF-5F0B7FD50942.jpeg
i don't think a G body looks right as a convertible- with the top down, it's not so bad, but they just don't look right with the top up.
i think most places used the top assembly from a different GM car that was available as a convertible i nteh 80's- Riviera or El Dorado or something like that.
i'm still waiting for someone to build a GN aerocoupe. i think that would look pretty killer.. i know there was one guy not too long ago that was threatening to do it with some parts he scored very, very cheap from a junkyard MC aerocoupe..
Mines looks sexy with the top up what yall talking about

Bringing this 9 year old thread back from the grave. Is it a Regal or Grand National? Where at in Texas?

I'm in Houston area and have never seen this car. Austin area? (Although as my original post states,I did see one at the 1991 Bowling Green meet.)

I'm in Houston area and have never seen this car. Austin area? (Although as my original post states,I did see one at the 1991 Bowling Green meet.)

Maybe ask in the TX section, someone has probably seen it. I'll see what I can find out from the license plate #.

Maybe ask in the TX section, someone has probably seen it. I'll see what I can find out from the license plate #.
I think that's the owner that posted the picture as he said "Mines looks sexy with the top up what yall talking about"

Bringing this 9 year old thread back from the grave. Is it a Regal or Grand National? Where at in Texas?
im in houston i made it convertible got the top of a bmw cut it welded re inforced top n body and im a proud member from north houston tx

i am currently looking for a spot or crew related to gbodys grand nationals and regals to hang with

Ah, I'm in North Houston. Is it a Regal? What motor? (My car never runs though so it's like I don't even have one really. I should probably close this account)

where in north houston u at and im on the chase of buying a t type and making it convertible too to re sell after but noone seems to aknowledge my potential

Status
Not open for further replies.