YouTube Grand National find!

TireFryer

The New Kid
Really cool to see more people getting into grand nationals. I was screaming at the screen on why the car wasn’t running right when he bought it and the fuel pressure was low. Also. In the second video, Never seen a crank polished and rebearing’d in the car like that…

He got that car for a steal even with a rod knock. Looks to be a old school build; probably a TE-44, blue top injectors (36#), probably a THDP, vigilante lockup converter, ATR exhaust and Duttwiler neck on the intercooler. Once running right should be a fun combo.

My grandfather was not a mechanical guy. He had a Pontiac with a flathead six in it many years ago. As the story goes he ended up throwing a rod out the side of the block. Being back in the forties many things were not obtainable (economy/money problems). So he had to improvise. My grandfather would tell the story that he got a chunk of sheet-metal, and some roofing tar. Then stuck the metal over the block hole (after removing the errant rod and piston that had failed). According to him he drove that car for another year, on the remaining five cylinders.

He was the king of Harbor Freight tools and bread wrapper tool bags.

Anyhow, polishing a crank like that is no hill for a climber :)