Buick bringing back GN, Turbo Regals and GNX? Watch the Video!

have mixed feelings about it but interesting. the general going to do whats its got to do to be competive in the market. at least they will be rwd thank god!

One thing wrong .....4 doors! :mad: That's the same reason why the new Chargers never really caught on with the muscle car crowd.

Claude. :rolleyes:

I like how the reporter cringes and holds up his hands as he says "however, they will be four doors"

I see them wanting to build a 4 door RWD performance sedan, but it would be funny to call it a GN. Too bad they don't use the CTS platform. That way they can do a 4 door T Type and use the GN badging on black 2 door coupes. That would be cool.

If they for sure do, do this, I really don't like them using the Grand National name. I think it should stay with the original car. It's just using the name for sales.

Maybe call it a skylark, then the v8 be a Gran Sport.

Just not use the GN or GNX name.

Pretty cool seeing Roberta on there though, instead of in her GS! ha

Remember in the 80's when they built a "Skylark" on the J body platform and called it a GS? Horrible. I love the original GS's and would hate for them to bastardize that name again. I'm sure the GN namesake was more about the appearance package than the drivetrain when the idea came out, but it was really the drivetrain that made the car famous. IMO they can call it a GN if they recreate the appearance package and put a turbo V6 in it. It has to be quicker than a base model Vette too :D. I'd be interested in a 4 door turbo V6 though. They would have to put T badging on it, but no GN plackard.

One thing wrong .....4 doors! :mad: That's the same reason why the new Chargers never really caught on with the muscle car crowd.

Claude. :rolleyes:

I would rather have the two door as well but we now live in a 4 dr world it seems. As far as the Chargers they seem to do well around here. You can go to any Mopar show or a Muscle Car Challenge race (www.tmccc.org) and you'll see a lot of the Chargers racing with most in the 12 sec 1/4 range.