Buick 1 turbo civic 0

turboplow

Went to the Kansas street car take over last weekend. As I was driving there about 1/2 mile away from where the car show was being held, a newer 4 door Honda Civic SI with a turbo pulls up next to me with grin on his face like he has my number. I just shook my head thinking this kid has no clue. He was persistent so I figured I will teach him a lesson and put 2 -3 cars on him in about 3 seconds. I couldn't believe he thought he had a chance as I had the exhaust dumped and on my Mickey Thompson ET Pro's.

It was a lot of fun. Hopefully you can make it out next year . There is some Buicks getting together in Olathe if you're interested let me know

A kill is always a good thing.....A little off the subject, but what's your take on the et pro's on the street ?

I think they are the best tire you can get besides a slick. My buddy has the ET's and he spins a lot more than me. Most of the time the tires hook like the track. I just won't drive the car if rain is in the forecast lol.

I think they are the best tire you can get besides a slick. My buddy has the ET's and he spins a lot more than me. Most of the time the tires hook like the track. I just won't drive the car if rain is in the forecast lol.
Yeah, I'm unfortunately aware of how rain affects the M/T ET's...I can just imagine the pro's on the street. One last question if I can pick your mind a little.. I run 275/60/15 and I'm
real real close to the frame even with spacers....my question is, what size tire do you run and can you tell if the pro's are any wider than the et's that I'm assuming you had on there?
Really appreciate your time on this...trying to make a decision before we go to BG... I hear the pro's are the way to go, and I'll take all the help I can get...:)

The tires are 275/60/15. I have air bags that will keep them from rubbing, although I have a slow leak On passenger side so I always have to make sure it has proper pressure or it will rub and cut the tires. I think they look like the same size as the ET. I am getting together with some Buicks tomorrow and will see what the widths are. I went out last night and car didn't hook to well so I might have put too much air in the air bag anticipating it to leak?

Last edited:
The tires are 275/60/15. I have air bags that will keep them from rubbing, although I have a slow leak On passenger side so I always have to make sure it has proper pressure or it will rub and cut the tires. I think they look like the same size as the ET. I am getting together with some Buicks tomorrow and will see what the widths are. I went out last night and car didn't hook to well so I might have put too much air in the air bag anticipating it to leak?
Thanks for the info..appreciate it...

Yeah, I'm unfortunately aware of how rain affects the M/T ET's...I can just imagine the pro's on the street. One last question if I can pick your mind a little.. I run 275/60/15 and I'm
real real close to the frame even with spacers....my question is, what size tire do you run and can you tell if the pro's are any wider than the et's that I'm assuming you had on there?
Really appreciate your time on this...trying to make a decision before we go to BG... I hear the pro's are the way to go, and I'll take all the help I can get...:)

Fred , what size and backspace wheels are you using?

I just went with 15x8 , 3.75" backspace and have room at the frame with the 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson ET drag radials.

See you in Bowling Green. ..

Bryan