BstC Light?

T4Texas

I recently relocated my Boost Commander from under the dash to inside the console. I put an extra LED in my A-pillar in the hopes I could hook it up to the BstC to indicate when it is active; in other words, it would function like the LED built into the unit itself. I thought I could just tap into the wire going to the WG solenoids, but that didn't work out.

Has anyone done something like this before? I know the BstC is old news to a lot of people, but I figure there must be lots of experience with it before everyone started upgrading to the newer stuff. Any suggestions? The LED is already installed so if this doesn't work out I'll have to find another use for it or just leave it there disconnected.

TIA,
Dave

To get it to work exactly like the one on the unit you would have to go inside the box and connect it in place of the one there.

Another attempt at the wastegate line would be to put +12 on the LED assuming it's designed for that voltage or has the proper resistor installed in series with one leg for that proper forward current at 12 volts use, and connect the ground lead to the output of the BSTC which I believe pulses the ground lead like the stock system.

See if it lights up that way.

Thanks Salvage,

I think I'll try your second suggestion first. Seems feasible. I opened up the case of the BstC a few days ago and considered soldering the wires "piggyback" with the LED connection built into the unit. I guess that's still an option, but I'd prefer the other option first.

Again, thanks.