BSTC instruction manual

turbojoe

86 GREY T-TYPE
Could someone please post a link to the instruction manual for the BSTC boost command controller. I seem to have misplaced it. THANKS:smile:

Full Throttle's tech site is down again this weekend, so I can't get to it to provide a link.

Not to be a pain, but do either of you know the procedure as to how to set up the primary (tps) and secondary (3rd gear switch). I do understand that you utilize the small adjustment screws on the back, but what do I do from there (instructions are not very specific). Lastly, can I just use the tps (primary trigger) only, fore going the secondary. I am mainly just after quicker spool up. Thanks guys!

As the instructions state, having all four switches in the off position is the default for most situations. I believe that's what I ran. That will (once all the correct connections are made) the TPS as primary trigger, and the third gear signal is the secondary trigger.

I used the secondary trigger just like the ECM did it. That is, it reduces boost some when shifting to third gear (highest load). The small screw adjustment on the rear adjusts just how much the boost drops when 3rd gear hits.

For the best spool-up from stop, where did you guys set the TPS values? I got mine at about 3.0 volts or so, not too impressed. As far as the 3rd gear setting, I left it at factory setting (on controller). I am assuming if I turn the screw clockwise, then boost in third will increase, and counter clockwise will lower boost in third? I am not seeing much difference at all as far as quicker spool up. I guess I will keep playing with it. ALSO, not using aftermarket boost gage right yet, going by the factory one (inaccurate at best).

For the best spool-up from stop, where did you guys set the TPS values? I got mine at about 3.0 volts or so, not too impressed. As far as the 3rd gear setting, I left it at factory setting (on controller). I am assuming if I turn the screw clockwise, then boost in third will increase, and counter clockwise will lower boost in third? I am not seeing much difference at all as far as quicker spool up. I guess I will keep playing with it. ALSO, not using aftermarket boost gage right yet, going by the factory one (inaccurate at best).

IIRC I had mine set about 2.5 v. And I don't remember which way to turn the screw to move the 3rd gear boost. Play with it, you'll see the change.