Bryant Billet Crank on the shelf

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
FYI for anyone that might be interested. In talking to Bryant Racing this week they told me about this buick v6 billet crank they have in stock.

3.500" stroke
2.100" Rod Dia
.902 Rod Width
2.500" Main
6 CW

I didn't get a price because it wouldnt' work with my rods, but it's probably cheaper than any other billet you can buy. And no 13 week wait like a new one would take.

Mike,

The pin dia. worries me. It might be OK because the stroke length isn't that long. It would have to be really cheap for me to want it. FWIW, Crower has 3 short stroke (3.00") even fire billet cranks that are on the shelf too. They've been sitting on them for at least 10 years. They'll probably be there 10 years from now too. :rolleyes:

Neal

Mike,

The pin dia. worries me. It might be OK because the stroke length isn't that long. It would have to be really cheap for me to want it. FWIW, Crower has 3 short stroke (3.00") even fire billet cranks that are on the shelf too. They've been sitting on them for at least 10 years. They'll probably be there 10 years from now too. :rolleyes:

Neal
Hmmm. Thanks for letting me know.

If you decide you want one let me know and I'll call a friend of mine that works there.

Neal

James,

Not sure what kind of deals I can get on rods. I haven't bought a set new in quite a while. 6.300" wide journal On center right?

Neal

James,

Not sure what kind of deals I can get on rods. I haven't bought a set new in quite a while. 6.300" wide journal On center right?

Neal

Yup, that's them. Was hoping to order some soon, but things are busy for the next few months.

I know I can't afford it but would you mind calling and see what they want for one Neal?:)

Charlie,

It turns out there was only 1 left. I was fairly sure they had 3 at one point but that was quite a while ago. I picked up the last one for Don today. It's a very nice piece and he got a really good deal on it. :)

Neal