Bruce, What do we do now?

tekprodave

:confused: I went to the track wed. and had the same overheating problem I told you about. So I went to Pep Boys and bought an elecric fan for the tranny cooler since the problem occured during burnout and staging which the car is not moving. During the install I had to undo the cooler lines temporarily and I noticed the fluid smells BURNT. :eek: It also seems the tranny is slipping more and more. The car does still move well but the tranny seems unusually hot. Another indication of slippage occured when I was bouncing off the rev limiter during 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. This never happened before and never on the street only at the track under high load conditions. Please reply to my post or call me when you get a chance.

Dave Hulbert
(916) 445-4706

Update

Since the tranny cooler fan install I haven't experienced the same symptoms yet. It's only been 2 days and I haven't had a chance to open it up on the street. I'm going to the track tonight and then we'll see what happens.

update

The tranny fan did help but did not completely eliminate the problem. The car ran very inconsistent with the same symptoms on some runs. I would like to know what items/suggestions you have to help keep the tranny cool. When it's cool the baby runs like a bat out of hell!! My best run was a new low of 12.426!!!! This smashed my previous best of 12.697 with no other mods but the PTS Xtreme converter. Also surprising the hell out of me was the 1.697 60ft time which also smashed my previous best of 1.80. That converter is BADAZZZZZ!!!! We just need to get a handle on the heat problem.

Call me. I got some ideas. Call or come by when you can. :) Awesome performance ! I TOLD you that thing was leavin better. I could tell just on the street. We will get a handle on this gimme shout BRUCE