Bruce ..can you please send my T/C

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwknuf6 jr

100% street car
I have been very patient ,but after 2 years and $6000$+ and not even 1 clean pass with my new trans I would like to put some closure to this and move on.

I sent my Broken T/C to PTS October 2003 and have not heard anything about it . It was to be repaired and returned to me as we (Bruce and Myself)had agreeded.

Here is how the T/C saga started .....In AUG of 2003 I sent my NON billet 9X11 T/C for and upgrade to The billet 9x11 because the T/C clutch would not hold under WOT, even though at the time I purchased it I was told the T/C clutch on the 9x11 would hold for a high 9's second pass ,it didnt so I needed to upgrade , I was very clear the T/C needed to be done by OK Buick /Ford shootout on Oct 25,2003.

I was repeatadly lied to by PTS as to the status of my T/C delivery date (needed before Oct 25)and lied to about the backup T/C that was to be shiped overnight . I REPEATADLY asked about both my T/C and the back up (plan)T/C for several weeks prior to the Biggest race of the year ,I was told not to worry my T/C would be done(@TCS) in time ,just waiting on a brg or a washer and even if that one didnt get done The plan was to ship me a T/C (not mine)overnight from PTS that was ready to go now , I belived this and did not even try to locate a T/C on my own.

Contacted PTS(as I did everyday) the day before the Race,Bruce tells me the T/C is not ready , I say ok what about the backup Plan ,Bruce doesnt know what I am talking about , advise Bruce I was told there was a T/C boxed up and ready to be shiped to me If TCS did not get mine ready ,Bruce isnt sure why one of employees would say that . I told him that we had disscussed this several times in a two week period and it was very clear what had been discussed relating to a backup plan if TCS did not get my T/C ready .I am left out to dry, no T/C !!!!!The race I waited for all year is in 24 hrs and I dont have a T/C .

Bruce tells me to find a T/C from anyone I can and if it is one of his he will rebuild it to new specs , after a few phone calls I score a PTS 9x11 T/C for 400.00 , only problem it is 300 miles away ,I take off for a all night drive and return home to install the T/C and head out to the race , thats the good news , the bad news is the t/c (9x11) failed and takes out the tranny , make 3 passes (way off 10.8)

I am not really mad , I am just tired of ALL the excuses and want my T/C back , I have not heard one word from PTS about this T/C . In the 2 1/2 years I have delt with PTS I have heard every excuse from them . I dont want to call them , I just want my T/C repaired and returned to me as agreeded . They do have all my Info .

I have had dozens of transmissions built for me and cars I work on by Vince Janice and Dave Husek , almost 600 pases on my personal trans (built in 1996)before the forward clutch drum broke in the low 10's , never had any problems with any of the dozen trannies from them , never had to wait longer than a week to get one built either .As a matter of fact no one in my area has had any trans failures.

In light of other happings on the board i.e.9x11 post . 48 hrs post ect. ect . ,on this board and other TB boards . I would like to bring closure to this as soon as possable .

Mark Wallace
Tulsa Corr. OK Buick Performance Club

Mark Y dealt with most of this

I have nothing to hide. Yes there was a problem getting Mark his TC and it was RUSTY that blew it. I did what I could. Mark Y will attest to this. But you have it now and you have your trans now, so I do not see why you are drilling me over something I know nothing about. As far as I knew all was well. What are you missing? Before you bury me in the ground let Mark Y answer this. I do not know all the particulars.

Bruce
WE4
But you will get a responce.

Re: Mark Y dealt with most of this

Originally posted by WE4
I have nothing to hide. Yes there was a problem getting Mark his TC and it was RUSTY that blew it. I did what I could. Mark Y will attest to this. But you have it now and you have your trans now, so I do not see why you are drilling me over something I know nothing about. As far as I knew all was well. What are you missing? Before you bury me in the ground let Mark Y answer this. I do not know all the particulars.

Bruce
WE4
But you will get a responce.

I spoke the Bruce directly on this T/C deal ,This is not the 1st 9x11 , that T/C was delivered (TOO LATE FOR THE RACE) the last week in OCT 2003.Isent a failed 9X11 T/C I was forced into buying the night before the race Oct 24 2203 , This second T/C was sent to PTS Oct 28 and was to be repaired and returned to me ,I have heard nothing , spoke to Mark Y and he doesnt know anything about it and Bruce doesnt seem to know either.

This sums up the whole problem , no one knows what is going on @ PTS.No one calls to let you know your parts have arrived @PTS shop , I have to call and check that it did arrive , No one knows the T/C was shipped with the trans even though It was discussed before hand , I call to chk on the T/C and no one even knows anything about it ??????ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

While it is true I spoke to Mark Y about the T/C to be delivered before OCT 25, I did speak to Bruce pesonaly about the matter on OCT 23 , Bruce promised me if I could somehow find a PTS T/C (since they couldnt get me one )Bruce would do whatever I needed him to , completely rebuild it if needed .

*****NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART*******
Mark Y promised me PTS had a T/C ready to ship if TCS did not come through , I told Bruce this, If not for this Promise of backup plan I would have got a T/C on my own,I had plenty of time to get a T/C , I have used PI multi disk T/C's in the past and they build T/C's with about 3 days lead time , PTS had my T/C for over 2 months .
I belived Mark Y @PTS when he said the T/C from TCS would be ready, but 2 weeks before the race I begain to worry , So I asked Mark Y if there was a backup plan . He said YES, we have one in our shop we can send you if all else fails . I was feeling good about that ,I just wanted to make the race .
Keep in mind I am on the phone every day with Mark Y for last 2 weeks before the race , I was told over and over the T/C from TCS is ready and the backup plan is still in place , this was until the last day , Bruce calls me at 6:00 pm CST and tells me the T/C form TCS is not ready and further more there is no backup plan , PTS has a T/C but cannot ship it to me as Mark Y promised . I think from our previous conversations PTS did not know where my T/C was for a long time , I shiped My T/C ( to be upgraded) to PTS 2 months prior to the race (on OCT 25th) and when I called to see if the trans and T/C had arrived they didnt know anything about the T/C and again I called to chk on the T/C and no one knew where it was or anything about it for that matter .

Now the problem at hand , I had to drive 300 miles to get a (different )9x11 T/C the night before the race since PTS Dropped the ball and lied about a backup plan. The 9x11 T/C failed and took out the trans , Spoke to Bruce and told him I will send him the 9x11 T/C (YES IT IS A PTS 9x11 that failed ) That I need to get it repaired , thats was in OCT 27 2003, this is almost FEB 2004, have not heard one word from PTS, I have in the last 2 years spent 6000.00 in parts ands serv. from PTS and no one can even remeber simple conversations . I have this type of problems evertime I sent my trans in ,

I just want my T/C repaired and sent back to me as Bruce stated he would , I cant deal with a company that will lie to me , I know Mark lied directly to me ,and I have heard every excuse from PTS and cannot seperate the truth from the lie anylonger .
Does anyone at PTS know were my T/C is located ?????
This is the same situation as the first time I sent my T/C in , no even knows where it is .
I would like to put a period at the end of this sentance .

Yes ... I fully understand. Legit beef.

I know now what converter it is. It says EVANS on it not Wallace. One of our shipping guys opened it up and saw Evans on it and could not find any paperwork on it. So he set it aside and forgot about it. I guess I should fire him Monday for a mistake he made after 3 years of great service to my business. Is that what you want? Him fired? Will that make it right? I am sorry this happened but, as any business will tell you it happens. Hell you work in the shipping industry and I am sure your co has at one time or another lost or damaged something.
Not to make excuses and you were never lied to. I also have figured out what the plan b thing was too. Mark did ask me about sending you my personal billet 9X11 in case of last resort but then I remember telling him that it was tight tight like 26-2800 for my car and I didnt think it would work for you. He thought mine was alot looser than that.
Also this, as you say, was in OCT right after my accident. I was a little preoccupied at the time and for this I am sorry. If We dropped the ball, We dropped the ball. It does not happen too often but to have an incident after 15 years of damn good service and get grilled forever for it, is I think, is not fair. Mark was having to deal with alot of people during this time frame we are speaking of I had both a heart attack and a serious car accident with many reprocussions. Gee Mark, I am sorry and I will do whatever it takes to make you happy. What else do you want me to say or do? On Monday I will have Mark handle this asap (that is his job)and I now know after going down there today just to find out excatly what was what with your converter. I went down there on a sunday to just see for you. I found it in a box labled Evans in the UPS unknown bin. No note, no address, nothing, but I did find it.
I will have Mark call you on Monday, give you a tracking number to TCS and a way for you to trace it from there. After that, it will be in TCS's court. We will see to it that you are handled ASAP and again, I apologize. Now, how long am I walking on glass and gonna take heat for a simple mistake that I didn't even know about at the time.?
I guess you only get to make one mistake before you are attached to the spit and put over the pit and considered a crook.
You have a legit point. I honestly thought all was handled. I was around very little the months of Oct/Nov due to health and personal issues. I can only apologize so much.......
Did we have some issues for a bit, yes, but they were inflicted by a health issue and a car accident and other outside entities I could not control,which did alter our daily routine for a bit.
All is running smooth now, as we have really stepped up and went to a whole new computer program to track everything. This system has been being implemented for the last few weeks and should be completed this week.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Just a couple of points and I am out of here .

Mark Y. the repesentive for you co. did lie to me , plain and simple . If he didnt I would have had a good T/C before the Oct 25th race . I went over and over this with Mark Y. as I was on the phone everyday for 2 weeks prior to the shootout .
Why didnt He ship the T/C he promised me was at PTS and ready to go if the TCS T/C didnt make it ?
I didnt care what stall it was .I was depending on that t/c no matter what stall it was !!I was DEPENDING ON THE WORD OF YOUR COMPANY ,PTS!!Let there be no misunderstanding Your Co. did lie to me.

The T/C was shipped in the same box as my Trans , there is no reason to loose it , I talked to YOU Bruce directly on this , I hold you responsable ,I spoke to YOU about the T/C .it was shipped with MY trans , you knew the T/C said EVANS on it .this is one of many problems I had in 2 years working with PTS.
AGAIN THE T/C WAS SHIPPED IN THE SAME BOX WITH MY TRANSMISSION.

I hold no grudge , I just want my T/C . I dont want a tracking # , there is no race or deadline to meet , Just make it a 3200 stall and ship it to me , I will just put it down as a 6000.00 education and be on my way .

Good day

Mark Wallace

Mark, I am not going to waste anytime on this at all other than to answer your statements with FACT.

1: Yes, you were promised numerous times about your converter coming out to ASAP. I, as I told you then, was giving you the information as I was getting from TCS. I am merely a middle man in the deal, and my information is only as good as what I get from the source. If you say that I am lying to you, then you will choose to look at in no other way. That bad is solely on you then. I may not say something you agree with, but I sure as hell won't lie to you. Have you ever been given wrong info from an outside source before? Most of us in this business have been. As Bruce said in his previous reply, I was going to send his own billet to you so you could run the race and be covered and then the Friday prior to your need, I found it was tighter than you needed, plus TCS assured me without any reservation, it was being shipped to you. I even stepped up and paid for Saturday deliver to get it to you. You were not lied to by me or PTS. If you think so, then that is where the misunderstanding is, solely in your court.

2: The fact your used converter that trashed your new trans was not accounted for here is our bad, but there again, if you were on the phone so much before, why would you not call back and ask about this one even once? I am sending this converter out to TCS today. You will know tracking number and all. You can handle it from there, it is out of our hands as of that point.

3: If you have no grudge Mark, why do you go to every board and run smack on us without even calling back to at least chew my ass out on the phone? You $6000 education is very much at rest on your own actions. Most racers I know would never put a dirty, used, unknown converter into the trans to race with it anyway? You even told me on the phone after you trashed your trans with this converter it was all on you because you were to impatient to wait for the converter that got there the next day. Your converter will be sent to TCS, but you will get a tracking number, and you will have to follow thru on it, so I don't falsely get accused of lying again. You can deal with getting it back.

Mark, I do apologize for the delays in getting your converter to you. I did not lie to you, rather just passed along what info I could get from the supplier. I was lied to, and I passed it on to you, so in that manner, I was passing a lie, so in your eyes, I lied to you. The fact you blew your trans again though, is all you buddy. That was a bad decision on your part and I will not take any crap for your mistake. Step up and admit to your part in this situation.

By the way mr t, just what is your complaint if noting other than to be a little rat in the corner squeeking about something that is nothing to do with them? You have something to say, then contribute, don't live in the shadows of others forever, step up.

Mark

pS. awaiting your reply

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Mark, I am not going to waste anytime on this at all other than to answer your statements with FACT.

1: Yes, you were promised numerous times about your converter coming out to ASAP. I, as I told you then, was giving you the information as I was getting from TCS. I am merely a middle man in the deal, and my information is only as good as what I get from the source. If you say that I am lying to you, then you will choose to look at in no other way. That bad is solely on you then. I may not say something you agree with, but I sure as hell won't lie to you. Have you ever been given wrong info from an outside source before? Most of us in this business have been. As Bruce said in his previous reply, I was going to send his own billet to you so you could run the race and be covered and then the Friday prior to your need, I found it was tighter than you needed, plus TCS assured me without any reservation, it was being shipped to you. I even stepped up and paid for Saturday deliver to get it to you. You were not lied to by me or PTS. If you think so, then that is where the misunderstanding is, solely in your court.

2: The fact your used converter that trashed your new trans was not accounted for here is our bad, but there again, if you were on the phone so much before, why would you not call back and ask about this one even once? I am sending this converter out to TCS today. You will know tracking number and all. You can handle it from there, it is out of our hands as of that point.

3: If you have no grudge Mark, why do you go to every board and run smack on us without even calling back to at least chew my ass out on the phone? You $6000 education is very much at rest on your own actions. Most racers I know would never put a dirty, used, unknown converter into the trans to race with it anyway? You even told me on the phone after you trashed your trans with this converter it was all on you because you were to impatient to wait for the converter that got there the next day. Your converter will be sent to TCS, but you will get a tracking number, and you will have to follow thru on it, so I don't falsely get accused of lying again. You can deal with getting it back.

Mark, I do apologize for the delays in getting your converter to you. I did not lie to you, rather just passed along what info I could get from the supplier. I was lied to, and I passed it on to you, so in that manner, I was passing a lie, so in your eyes, I lied to you. The fact you blew your trans again though, is all you buddy. That was a bad decision on your part and I will not take any crap for your mistake. Step up and admit to your part in this situation.

I just spoke to Mark on the phone

He doesnt seem to understand if you promise to send a T/C and do not do Not, it is a lie .
I am NOT TALKING ABOUT THE T/C FROM TCS BUT THE T/C @ PTS's SHOP MARK PROMISED ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS TO SEND ME IF TCS DID NOT GET MINE READY . " Back up Plan"

Can you anserw that Mark ?CAN YOU?????????
If you didnt lie I would have had a T/C for the race , I know it would not have been the correct stall or built for me but that was OUR backup Plan . AGAIN WHY WAS IT NO SHIPPED AS PROMISED????????????????This is a direct question ????WHY

I never held PTS responsable for my trashed tranny .period .end of story .Just the fact I was hung out to dry By Mark before the race .

As for calling back , I have spoke to you and Bruce about my T/C that has been there for 3 months and still no one can find it till know ? I dont want to call back, I want my T/C .

Mark Wallace

Mr T, as I thought, all you have are rumors and half truths at best. We have not built our business into what it is today over the last 15 years if we were screwing people. DONE with you

Mark, I thought after our conversation we were putting this all to rest. So was that a lie? We do have a differing opinion as to what actually happened and why. As I said, I was trying to please everyone, but that is not a possibility. I guess our chat was a total misunderstanding on my part. I am done with this whole mess and I need not justify anything I did as we covered it already, but it does appear you are going to try this in the court of the very vocal minority. For that I am very sorry. All that will do is bring out the trolls with their constant tales of the "horror" stories they have heard. Like that sounds like a real reliable source of information.

Mark

Originally posted by 2quiktocare

Mark Y.
I find your post and attitude pathetic (sic), Be a Man ,Step up as you say , Gain some respect for yourself and PTS.

#1) Admit you lied to me about sending me The T/C from your Shop as a backup plan if TCS did not get mine ready and apolagize for not sending it to me .

#2 Take back what you said about me "steping up" What have I not steped up to?????I paid for my trans work didnt say a word .

#3)Anserw why it takes 2 to 3 months to get a T/C from PTS?

#4)Treat me like a good customer ,why are YOU mad, I didnt lie to you , I didnt make you pay 6000.00 for a trans that has broken 3 times ,and T/C's that you cant find .Put me in a postion where I had to drive 300 miles in the middle of the night .

I have called both Mark and Bruce about my T/C prev.

Find My T/C , say your sorry ,and we can put closure to this .

I didnt do anything wrong

Mark Wallace

Originally posted by Quick6
Mark Wallace, It appears that you have spent a considerable amount of money with this shop and the attitude of there response to you in a public forum leaves something to be desired.
Maybe you did do something wrong? And I bet the next time you need a TC or a transmission you will correct your mistake.

Thats a real shame to , I always used Dave Husek and later Vince Janice for my trans work , I work on several cars in my area ,and have had a dozen or so tranny's built ,no problems
I wanted to try PTS myself , so when my non billet trans broke the forward clutch drum shaft (running low tens btw) , I wanted to give PTS a shot, after all PTS appeared to be on the cutting edge of the 200r4.

I accept resonsiablity for chosing PTS, no one to blame , I like to see things thru to the end .It didnt work out for me ,but I have "steped up" .Thats what is so sad , cant get my T/C and then cant find my T/C. You think I would get some sort of priorty with all the trouble I have had .
I may never get an apolagy or my T/C back but I can now move on :(

Mark Wallace

Reply to the ? Mark

How about it , scared to reply to the direct ?'s I asked you ,How about some [QTs] from your pathetic post ,

[QT]Your converter will be sent to TCS, but you will get a tracking number, and you will have to follow thru on it, so I don't falsely get accused of lying again. You can deal with getting it back.
[QT]

You were 0 help before so what does this mean , I am on my own,what a joke ,I will address the lying later.

[QT]You $6000 education is very much at rest on your own actions. Most racers I know would never put a dirty, used, unknown converter into the trans to race with it anyway? You even told me on the phone after you trashed your trans with this converter it was all on you because you were to impatient to wait for the converter that got there the next day. [QT]

Thats why I had a backup plan with you Mark Y.
Again you just dont get it , I put my trust in you WORD, that you would ship me a T/C before my race ,either the one from TCS or the one in you shop .You FLAT OUT LIED ,YOU DID .
Again the T/C I had to use was because the race was BEFORE ,READ IT AGAIN , BEFORE I recevied any T/C from you .
This was not a dirty used T/C ,it was another fine PTS part :rolleyes:
I never blamed PTS for the trans failing this time , did I?
The other 2 times maybe I did

[QT}I even stepped up and paid for Saturday deliver to get it to you. [QT}

I needed the T/C by FRI , I told everyone @PTS that , even told them there was no hurry for the T/C when I was told it would not be there by FRI, how stupid is it to pay for overnight SAT delivery when it was to late already? way out of touch Mark Y.

So I will ask you ,Mark Y., one more time ,
DiD you promise to ship me a T/C from PTS before the race if TCS did not have mine ready?....yes ....or no?

The more I read your post Mark Y. the worse they sound .
Bruce Toell this guy Mark Y is doing you no favors

One last [QT} Mark, I am not going to waste anytime on this [QT]from the master

Yes Mark, I did promise to send you Bruce's own billet unit, plus I also explained why it didn't happen. WAS NO LIE, I failed to carry thru on a promise due to outside influences.

The real question is Mark, if you are such a victim as you are playing here, what are you trying to achieve by coming here this way rather than waiting all this time without calling either myself of Bruce to find out where your old converter was? That is very disingenuous on your part. This whole tirade started asking where is my old converter and quickly changed to "you lied to me". Could it be that you are actually just another of the little Turbo biotches.com geeks that has vowed to bury PTS, Bruce, and TB.com? You take the time to go to that site and complain about everything that has gone on. Lied to them about things you had to go into and correct in Bruce's tranny, and pissed and moaned, rather than calling us. This has gone on for over two months now.

I did apologize to you, I will not say I am a liar when I am not. You, sir, have misquoted me and taken things out of context in your last reply also. That is the mark of someone that is fabricating things,,,,by the way, that is lying.

Take your little troll buddies and go find someone else to attack, you aren't fairing well here.

If your concern was as to where your old converter was, you would have called. You haven't in over two months. That alone tells me you are just here to complain and rant rather than try to get anything resolved. That I am truly sorry for, but I can't help you there.

A good customer? You have spent a decent amount of money on your trans, but over $2000 was due to your impatience. Things don't always come together even with the best of intentions. A good customer though would have come directly to us and tried to work out some type of resolution. You chose to come here and attack.

You did not call, you did not e-mail about either your assertion I lied to you, or where was your old converter. You came here and tried to gain sympathy and then attack. That is a child's way. I would have expected much more from you. I guess I am wrong again.

As far as hurting Bruce's business, maybe I am with people that are trying to be manipulative and dishonest as to what their true intentions are. So, I have decided I will not be involved with PTS in the near future. I do have a funny felling though, things with you and those like you will not change. When things don't go completely your way, you will handle it in just this manner all over again.

Mark

Well, it is being handled.

The converter is on its way to TCS. Rusty has your phone number and contact and HE will comntact you . This is getting resolved now matter how much bickering you all are doing. The track number was emailed to you and we are doing just as suggested. Get mark his converter. However, it is now in the repair process and in the possession of TCS. It left 1/26/04.
So PTS is doing their part.

Bruce
WE4

Bruce...You have remained level-headed and have tried to resolve this situation just as a good businessman would do. You have stepped up to the plate and said if you dropped the ball, you dropped the ball and apologized for it. I for one am impressed with the way you are conducting yourself concerning this problem. This HAS turned ugly but mainly because of the cavalier attitude of one of your people. He may not be as callous as he is coming off here in this thread, but it is all about perceptions. qwknuf6 jr's perception was that he was lied to and has not received the service he thinks he deserves. If he has spent the $$ he claims to, he has a legitimate gripe, which you acknowledged in your posts.

Continue to be cool Bruce...........it is noticed.

Damn! Cant we all just get along... Here is my thoughts.. (as if anyone cares) People, stop reading into this so much and elevate all of your emotions with the rest of the folks here.. Everyone is valued thier own opinion.... But look, This is probably the 1st post of bad vibes from PTS, 1 out of a bunch of praise that I have seen in the 1.5 years I have been on this board.. Things that I hear have been nothing but exceptional.. (Just from what I have heard).. I sit back and watch some of the vendor bashing going on here and it seems that allot of this incits unneccesary flaming and bashing.. As we have seen the bashing of Mease in the past (Dont start!) everyone agreed that yeah he was slow, and at times was really slow and PO'd a bunch of folks.. Being a relatively small outfit I am sure it is not hard to loose track of things.. I am glad today that he is using channels to sell vs selling him self. Allows him to remain focused.. Service may have sucked but I have yet to hear anything about workmanship and quality... I intend to get that monster IC in the near future because of his quality and workmanship...

As far as PTS goes I am sure if they are reputable like they have been they will make good... Everyone needs to take a pill and relax.

Mark---Sorry to hear about the fiasco but again I bet they will work it out and I am glad to see that you brought this out for them to answer and it sounds like they are hating this happened and have either or are willing to make things right..

All other folks --- Should you not have any justification to bash or thow in 2 cents that in effect hinders Mark from getting resolution I would ask to keep it to yourself, it does no one any good to bit:eek: h about it...

If you dont like what I have said --- We can start a new thread like....... "What the hell is aperrego talking about?" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.