KNOCK RETARD: ?
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: ?
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE: ?
TRACK ELEVATION: 2300 feet
TEMPERATURE: approximately 75 degrees
PEAK BOOST: 18 psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 1-2 psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 8300

The boost gauge said only 18 psi, I just installed a new vdo gauge and have been testing it for the last few days to make sure it checked out. When I first hit the boost with the new gauge I only registered 13 psi, I then cranked the rod as far as I could and can only get 18 psi. Unless the gauge is wrong, which I don't know how it could be since it is a simple vacuum gauge, the boost is only 18 psi max going through the traps. I checked the y fitting to see if something was blocking it but everything was clear.
Belive me I wanted to run more but I am going to have to get some other form of boost control to raise it.

And no, the heads are not ported. This is an 8,000 mile car that was totally stock when I bought it. I only added bolt on parts.

Stock motor doesnt run 113.89 with altitude on 18 PSI.

Better check the guage or its connections.

Nice performance. Enjoy the ride.

Do this, what does the factory guage read?

I will check out the line to the gauge again to make sure it is working right. The stock gauge just goes all the way up, after 16 psi it is all in the red zone. Everyone says that the stock gauge is useless.

"Knock Retard ?"

11.98 is respectable :)

:eek: Whether you're running your boost @10 PSI, 18 or 24 PSI, You MUST have some way to know whether or not you have any knock retard....Or, you're opening the door to blown headgaskets or something worse :eek:

Get/borrow a scan tool ;)

11 Seconds is very respectable for just a six cylinder :D

I linked your data to the FAQ list.

Lee

Nice numbers...

Daniel (Swede2) has got the same issue with his VDO guage. He turned his rod arm (TA49) several turns, but VDO guage only show 22 PSI.

Hey guys, I went to my mechanic and had him check the boost gauge, it turns out that it was leaking and I was actually running 23 psi. Sorry for the confusion, It's still an 11 second run no matter how you slice it.

Originally posted by phocusd
I will check out the line to the gauge again to make sure it is working right. The stock gauge just goes all the way up, after 16 psi it is all in the red zone. Everyone says that the stock gauge is useless.

BS.. on a Buick yes.. the TTA guage is typically accurate. And with 8k miles.. I would trust that. So I bet you pinned it past 20.. way past ;)

BTW :p

hehehe..

Originally posted by Razor
BS.. on a Buick yes.. the TTA guage is typically accurate.

I don't know about that, for almost the last 15 yrs mine has been pinned past 20 psi whenever the throttle is mashed. :eek: ;)

The stock gauge does go past 20, however I did not know the accuracy of it. I just tried to watch the vdo gauge on the runs. Everything is all fixed now and I'm pulling a solid 23 pounds of boost.

Originally posted by Lunkan
Nice numbers...

Daniel (Swede2) has got the same issue with his VDO guage. He turned his rod arm (TA49) several turns, but VDO guage only show 22 PSI.

The VDO gauge is kind of bad... I dont trust it anymore, and has not done since I got it. After the stock gauge goes up at 20 + the VDO is in about the 16-17 range. Last time I turned and turned the rod, but couldnt get over 22 psi with the VDO gauge.

I have checked for leaks and found one in the beginning. The boost gauge didnt work well from the start, it was showing like 5 psi and the stock showed 15. So I fixed that leak I found, maybe it didnt seal , what do I know...

If the gauge is leaking I may have been up against 25-27 psi ?!?!?

Daniel