Brighter Head Lights

You know your HIDs...yes, they are.

well, when you are surounded by ricers you tend to be schooled in the art of Rice and Knight Rider

When it is done to American KARR, it is Knight Rider

When it is done to Japanese KARR, it is RICE

ALL must bow to the almighty K.I.T.T.

:D:p

I have a problem seeing at night I run H1 and H4 100 watt high beam 80 low beam with caspers wiring harness, my projection is about 3800 feet, it will blind you. They are Hella brand had them for 20 years.:rolleyes:

It's pretty easy, although time consuming to make your own headlight brightening harness using two relays. I measured voltage at the back of the alternator...13.8v and then measured the voltage at the headlight bulbs themselves. They were at 11.5v. At the headlight switch on the steering column is where I could actually feel the wires getting hot...this was with the Silverstars. The more wattage you put on the factory harness can possibly cause a fire under your dash.:eek: After I made a "brightening harness" with two relays, the wires did not get hot anymore and the headlights had two more volts getting to them...which was substantially brighter! I guess this is the reason why when I kicked the throttle and the volt booster came on the Silverstars would blow...the were getting a lot more voltage. Since then, I've replaced the Silverstars with HID lights. They are even brighter than Silverstars and they consume less power.

HID's...

HID.jpg

HID%20(3).JPG

HID%20(1).JPG
Can you show us how u wired ur harness w relays and which lites and housings u used and where to get them + cost to do it all...thanks looks awesome:biggrin:

they are just plug n play for the H6054 vehicles
Thats fine and dandy but that still dosent tell us where to get them or how much..Do you buy the housings off ebay the harness from caspers and the bulbs somwhere else? Theres a guy from hawaii sellin them on here i was considering his kit but turbo1dr put the research behind his work and a steering column fire dosent sound appealing so i wanna do it right...

Thats fine and dandy but that still dosent tell us where to get them or how much..Do you buy the housings off ebay the harness from caspers and the bulbs somwhere else? Theres a guy from hawaii sellin them on here i was considering his kit but turbo1dr put the research behind his work and a steering column fire dosent sound appealing so i wanna do it right...

HID headlight conversions? - Page 2 - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

no cutting of harness required

Camaro:

HL66490_lg.jpg

Hella HL66490 Adapter for 165mm Sealed Beams to H4 Lamps

Susquehanna MotorSports - Detail

165_Lo.jpg

Hella H6545 165mm ECE Hi-Lo H4 Conversion Headlamp Kit

H6545 165mm ECE H4 Hi-Lo Conversion Headlamp Kit.

Replaces 4652, H4656, H4666 H4668, H6545, H6545BL, and HP6545 Sealed Beams. Includes two lamps, two wiring adapters and two H4 bulbs.

165_Hi.jpg

Hella H4651 165mm H1 E-code Conversion High Beam Headlamp Kit

H4651 165mm H1 Conversion High Beam E-code Headlamp Kit.

Replace 4651, 4740 and 5051 sealed beams.

Kits includes two lamps and two H1 bulbs.

thanks thats what i was lookin for but whats the deal with needin relays so you dont barbecue the steering column wires? those harnesses dont have any...

I've found out that if you have a volt booster those SilverStar lights will blow very quickly.:rolleyes:

You can buy a two bulb HID kit on eBay for less than $60 including the bulbs. However, you will have to buy two conversion lenses so a H4 style HID bulb will fit. You will also have to buy two kits and two more conversion lenses to conver all of the lights over to HIDs.

HID kit

Headlight conversion lenses.

Quoted for the truth..i went this route...housings with h4 4300 kelvin HID bulbs....x934540958394085340949085 times better than sealed beam lamps.

Sorry but your Idea is not a clean look for our GN's and Yes It does cost $87.00 for all the bulbs not just the the low beams like your project calls for to piss people off. The Idea shared here are to make our cars look better. Plus can you do us a favor. can you post pictures of your lights and your relay job. I can just amagin what type of job you did on your car. Sorry but I must say you did get under my skin. And thank for Ruining this post. If you have good ideas please share thats what it's about. I look forward to your pics.:D

You refer to the cars as having a certain group of owners with the words "our GN's"....... in which it doesnt sound like Im a part of Mr. 135 posts. The idea you shared here is boring, and common sense, and has been posted hundreds of times over the past 10 years or so. So I will do you a favor, and NOT post pictures of my headlight wiring harness, and leave it up to your boring imagination. I did not ruin your post. You did. I do have some good ideas, but I have been discouraged from posting them by you Mr. 135 posts because Im not aloud to state my opinion. Here is a picture of what I made my harness out of:rolleyes: jackass. Back under my rock...................................................

Attachments

• removed_wiring.jpg
    removed_wiring.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,033
I need better Headlight's. This guy i met at the track, had those new looking lights, and i like them. If you are on here, are those the light's you had in your white T-TYPE?

KITT1983: Are you really gonna make me have to read through all of those links? Ugh... Can you post up a rough estimate for this conversion?

are those HID ballast?
i have the same kind and they are really very useful at night times. i have also attached a relay to the same do as to control brightness