Brian Weaver - G Body Parts

moparkid

I just wanted to make a post stating how pleased I am with the service I got with my last order. I needed an accumulator for my power master, and ordered a couple other small items to make the shipping count. I ordered my parts on a Monday, got them the following Thursday. One item was missing, so I emailed the company. I didn't get a reply until the following Monday, but it was from Brian directly stating he was out of town, and the missing item was going to be drop shipped, and I would see it soon. I received it today!

Great service as always!!! Keep up the good work!!! And thank you!!!

Well you lucked out. Took a big risk buying from them and getting it that fast or like a lot of other members still waiting on parts after months

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've got alum rim center caps on order since 6/24/13. I've tried to get hold of them by phone & email the last couple weeks & no reply.

Maybe the folks at GBP are like those who I interact with on a daily basis, and think of me as a pleasure to deal with because of my optimistic personality ;)

I know there's sour grapes for every vendor on here, I have them to, but I don't make it a priority to bash them either. If you've had parts on backorder for a year, and you're just calling now, you are partly to blame. Ever buy anything from year one? I have parts on backorder for cars I don't even have anymore, lol!

If you have good luck with a vendor, tell your friends. If you have an issue with a vendor, take it up with them and if you can't get any satisfaction, then flame on!

As I said before, never had a bad experience with GBP. Always have good service, and they're on my radar when I need parts along with Highway Stars and Kirbans :)

Well they did still screw up your order, yes you did get it fixed so I guess if I were you I would be happy about them for actually getting the part you paid for in a reasonable time.

I spent around 8k on parts last year ordering stuff for my 2 GNs from pretty much all the venders. About half of that was from GBody. But GBody was the one that I had multiple orders screwed up. Most was small stuff like twin pillar mount pod gauge holder that arrive broken cause they shipped it in a big box with my ported throttle body and put like no stuffing in the box. Another order they shipped me 2 cans of the wrong pair color. My stainless turbo oil drain tube that arrived with a warped flange and a small hole in the weld. But I overlooked all that stuff cause the shipping cost to the west coast really wasn't worth my time complaining. I also ordered a tps sensor cause mine went out and I needed it so I could take the car to the track so I paid the $45 for overnight shipping on a Friday cause I was planning on taking the car to the track the following Friday and guess what they did it was over 2 weeks before they shipped a lot of good the $45 was for overnight shipping. Another order I placed online I received a call a couple days later saying that the $16 shipping was not right and the actually shipping would be $32 so I agreed a week later the box arrived USPS and you could see how they tried to black out the actual shipping cost of $18 on the label that pissed me off but I was like whatever.
But what drew the line and crossed them off my list of the venders I will buy stuff and support was on December 15th I had my mom order a bunch of parts for me for my Christmas present. One of those parts was a Hot Air downpipe for $575 and now it's almost 5 months later and still nothing. They don't Awnser their phones and we just keep getting lame email responses from them like they are looking into it or a rep will get in contact with us and those have been going on since January. So for me I have given them plenty of slack not complaining the the timeframe,dollar amount and lack of their responding on the downpipe is totally unacceptable. I have my own collectible business and we ship out thousands of items a month so I know how it is but once you cross the the line that's it.

Well sounds like you got a bad turn of events, but to play devils advocate I'm curious to hear the other side of the story. Also, every company is in business to be profitable. If they mark up the cost of shipping, so what? If you have a business, you should know what its like to deal with the knotheads at UPS, USPS, and FedEx. The boxes you ship your products out in, and the tape you seal them up with costs money. If youre not marking up your freight charges, you're losing money. I got news for you, every company you buy from does it, but there percentage may vary.

We sell a lot of stuff. Tape and boxes are cheap rolls of tape cost $1 each and it don't think the waded up newspaper cost that much either. You could also go really cheap and use the back side of the sipping labels like gbody does but I would never use those because they don't provide enough cushion. Also when they say that they need more shipping when the actual shipping costs aren't even close to what you are charging is straight trying to rip people off. They know what they were doing just because they took the extra time to try and black out the cost. We sell thousand of items a month and always try to get the shipping charges right and every once in awhile we loose money on shipping just comes with doing good business.

Also from what I'm saying I'm not the only one with bad turn of events from gbody. But you can only give them so many chances. It's their loss cause I probably would have spent another 4k+ on parts this year from them but now I will gladly flow that money in other directions

For what its worth, I ordered my parts priority 3 day USPS, and the order said freight was approximately $30. When my parts showed up, the invoiced amount for shipping was $16.76.

Maybe I should be thanking you for covering the rest of my tab? :LOL:

Sour grapes. Thanks for pissing all over my thread where I complimented a guy, next time maybe you can put the seat up? :rolleyes:

Just thanking a guy that doesn't need any thanks. And right there your shipping is just wrong, you might not see it in someone trying to have a 50% mark up in shipping but I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of other people out there would disagree with you.

Well sounds like you got a bad turn of events, but to play devils advocate I'm curious to hear the other side of the story. Also, every company is in business to be profitable. If they mark up the cost of shipping, so what? If you have a business, you should know what its like to deal with the knotheads at UPS, USPS, and FedEx. The boxes you ship your products out in, and the tape you seal them up with costs money. If youre not marking up your freight charges, you're losing money. I got news for you, every company you buy from does it, but there percentage may vary.

A bad turn of events? A bad turn of events would be something that happened by chance that G-body had no control of, maybe even poor quality control. We can overlook their cheap Chinese crap that belongs on Walmart shelves. I mean, I could have super glued a soda straw to the turbo and had a more leak free, better made drainback tube but lucky for me I was able to see the crap they sell first hand before placing my order.

Was shipping a throttlebody and pillar gauge mount in the same box with no packing a bad turn of events? What the lack of packing says to me is they don't give a damn, it's not worth it to spend the extra 30 seconds and $1 to pack it right. The customer means that little. How about an option at checkout that includes packing that any 5yr old is capable of. It would be the perfect opportunity for them to squeeze more money out of the customer. Charge say $5 extra for proper packing and call the customer 2 weeks later which would be only 1.5 weeks late and tell them you now want $20 to pack it right. It's no more far fetched than calling the customer after YOU screwed up and after the charge was made and doubling the shipping. Then the package arrives with a blacked out label that you can still read that matched the original shipping quote.

Who charges a credit card immediately knowing they don't have the part in stock? Let's tell the truth, they collect customers money until they have enough for a shipment from China, making up lame excuses along the way and knowing from the start they were going to be 6 months late. What excuse can you possibly have for being that late?

Why would you charge someone for overnight shipping knowing it was going to be at least 2 weeks before it was SHIPPED, not delivered. The additional shipping charge should have been refunded as soon as they realized they had no stock which in reality they probably knew from the beginning.

The point is any business worth anything would eat the cost of shipping if they incorrectly calculated shipping and it's so hard to calculate shipping these days lol. Any business worth anything would not have charged the customer for overnight shipping when the part shipped 2 weeks after the order was placed.

Is the business doing so bad that they have to trick customers into paying more? Why not have the additional charges built into the price? You do realize packing materials are free to under a dollar per package, right? PackingTape bought in bulk is $1 a roll. You can get a lot of boxes out of a roll.

This is not a bad turn of events, it's a crooked business. There's no defense for taking 2 weeks for overnight shipping, jacking the shipping up after the transaction has been made, or packing a heavy chunk of metal with a fragile piece of plastic in the same box with no packing materials inside, or charging the card right away and taking 5 months and counting for delivery with a non existent customer service. The piss poor quality of some of their parts pales in comparison to their lack of ethics. Keep in mind, this is not one order. They have repeatedly pulled this crap over at least 4 orders and several thousand dollars. So yeah, I think the cost of packing and a bad turn of events theories are not valid excuses to anyone with an IQ greater than 20.

For what its worth, I ordered my parts priority 3 day USPS, and the order said freight was approximately $30. When my parts showed up, the invoiced amount for shipping was $16.76.

Maybe I should be thanking you for covering the rest of my tab? :LOL:

Sour grapes. Thanks for pissing all over my thread where I complimented a guy, next time maybe you can put the seat up? :rolleyes:
Call it what you want kid, but your pretty new here. Their track record speaks for itself...if you knew any of it...you wouldn't have posted.
Sorry

New here? Ha I joined this forum when I bought my car 4 years ago. I'm not arguing anyone's experiences, just stating mine.

As far as charging someone's credit card and not shipping their parts, I went through that here with a vendor by the name of Extreme Automatics. Two weeks turned into three months and a ton of excuses and different stories. In the end, dudes bluff got called and I received a refund. After reading posts about how people were having issues and he's jet setting all over the land to fix them, I'm glad I didn't get his transmission. But enough on that...

I'm sorry you fellas got a bad taste in your mouth, but I've ordered from GBP 3-4 times in the last couple years and always got good service. That's the statement I am making.

Dam I just stumbled on this post by accident .are they getting that bad?I never had a problem with them.I don't like this automated crap going on with there phone but...

My order arrived yesterday, it took 3 weeks to arrive. After reading that some people have been waiting months I feel pretty lucky. My main issue is the lack of communication. You call and you never have anyone answer, leave a message and knowing calls back and the same goes with emails sent to gbody.com. if they would just keep there customers informed of what's going on I'm sure most people would be patient and understand. Hopefully they get it together. I like to support the small family owned businesses when I can. I also wanted to add that the order was correct and boxed well.

I ordered a set of "o" rings for my fuel lines from GBODY about 8 years ago.....his late wife, Kaci, told me they were $6 a set and it stated on the website the same. When I got my package, there was only two rings, and I needed all four of them. And that I owed another $6 as they were $6 EACH. Called Kaci, and she said $6 each was correct. I said fine, thank you and hung up. No more of that stuff for me.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Not that my .02 is worth anything, but I purchased their radiator back in march, and received it pretty quickly, I believe within a week. I never tried to get in touch with him personally, though. My build isn't finished yet, so I haven't actually installed or used it yet, but it seems to be a nice piece. Might just be a luck, or lack thereof, of the draw.

New here? Ha I joined this forum when I bought my car 4 years ago. I'm not arguing anyone's experiences, just stating mine.

As far as charging someone's credit card and not shipping their parts, I went through that here with a vendor by the name of Extreme Automatics. Two weeks turned into three months and a ton of excuses and different stories. In the end, dudes bluff got called and I received a refund. After reading posts about how people were having issues and he's jet setting all over the land to fix them, I'm glad I didn't get his transmission. But enough on that...

I'm sorry you fellas got a bad taste in your mouth, but I've ordered from GBP 3-4 times in the last couple years and always got good service. That's the statement I am making.
LONNIE WORKS WITH BRIAN . EXTREME AUTOMATICS & G-BODY = SAME PLACE . HOW CAN YOU LIKE ONE BUT NOT THE OTHER . :)

A bad turn of events? A bad turn of events would be something that happened by chance that G-body had no control of, maybe even poor quality control. We can overlook their cheap Chinese crap that belongs on Walmart shelves. I mean, I could have super glued a soda straw to the turbo and had a more leak free, better made drainback tube but lucky for me I was able to see the crap they sell first hand before placing my order.

Was shipping a throttlebody and pillar gauge mount in the same box with no packing a bad turn of events? What the lack of packing says to me is they don't give a damn, it's not worth it to spend the extra 30 seconds and $1 to pack it right. The customer means that little. How about an option at checkout that includes packing that any 5yr old is capable of. It would be the perfect opportunity for them to squeeze more money out of the customer. Charge say $5 extra for proper packing and call the customer 2 weeks later which would be only 1.5 weeks late and tell them you now want $20 to pack it right. It's no more far fetched than calling the customer after YOU screwed up and after the charge was made and doubling the shipping. Then the package arrives with a blacked out label that you can still read that matched the original shipping quote.

Who charges a credit card immediately knowing they don't have the part in stock? Let's tell the truth, they collect customers money until they have enough for a shipment from China, making up lame excuses along the way and knowing from the start they were going to be 6 months late. What excuse can you possibly have for being that late?

Why would you charge someone for overnight shipping knowing it was going to be at least 2 weeks before it was SHIPPED, not delivered. The additional shipping charge should have been refunded as soon as they realized they had no stock which in reality they probably knew from the beginning.

The point is any business worth anything would eat the cost of shipping if they incorrectly calculated shipping and it's so hard to calculate shipping these days lol. Any business worth anything would not have charged the customer for overnight shipping when the part shipped 2 weeks after the order was placed.

Is the business doing so bad that they have to trick customers into paying more? Why not have the additional charges built into the price? You do realize packing materials are free to under a dollar per package, right? PackingTape bought in bulk is $1 a roll. You can get a lot of boxes out of a roll.

This is not a bad turn of events, it's a crooked business. There's no defense for taking 2 weeks for overnight shipping, jacking the shipping up after the transaction has been made, or packing a heavy chunk of metal with a fragile piece of plastic in the same box with no packing materials inside, or charging the card right away and taking 5 months and counting for delivery with a non existent customer service. The piss poor quality of some of their parts pales in comparison to their lack of ethics. Keep in mind, this is not one order. They have repeatedly pulled this crap over at least 4 orders and several thousand dollars. So yeah, I think the cost of packing and a bad turn of events theories are not valid excuses to anyone with an IQ greater than 20.

Any decent sized operation, can get 30-60% off the list rate for UPS/Fedex, although few advertise that.

You can get a bigger discount, if you play both UPS/Fedex reps in your area against each other, looking for the best deal, and they have a quota to hit.

Charge the customer the list/advertised rate, Fedex/UPS bills the company the discount rate, and the company just made a few bucks on shipping, w/o anyone putting 2 and 2 together.

This is not a bad turn of events, it's a crooked business. There's no defense for taking 2 weeks for overnight shipping, jacking the shipping up after the transaction has been made, or packing a heavy chunk of metal with a fragile piece of plastic in the same box with no packing materials inside, or charging the card right away and taking 5 months and counting for delivery with a non existent customer service. The piss poor quality of some of their parts pales in comparison to their lack of ethics. Keep in mind, this is not one order. They have repeatedly pulled this crap over at least 4 orders and several thousand dollars. So yeah, I think the cost of packing and a bad turn of events theories are not valid excuses to anyone with an IQ greater than 20

As long as GBP pays the site admins, their advertising fee, on time then all appears to be well....except to us common folk.

I purchased from him 2-3yrs ago, small transaction, and it went well back then.

Hopefully someone gets a handle on these issues.

LONNIE WORKS WITH BRIAN . EXTREME AUTOMATICS & G-BODY = SAME PLACE . HOW CAN YOU LIKE ONE BUT NOT THE OTHER . :)

This was before Lonnie went to North Carolina.

That's all behind me, as I said I have a bulletproof transmission now. It didn't work out for Lonnie, but the reason for me posting that excerpt of my life was to prove a point - I got shit service from one company that has a lot of positive references from others in the TR community. I get and have always gotten good service from GBP, where others are pissing and moaning about getting poor service.

You could start a poll of people who have gotten good service from EA and dislike GBP, since they are in the same place now ;)