Brian Hofer Trannys!!!

Mine too. Sometimes the shifts will break loose the tires on the 3-4 shift at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I am running with type F fluid and a vigi 5 disc LU converter.

I just found this thread. I got a transmission from Brian a while back. It works better than any I've had before. I've never had one make the shifts so quickly. I've made about 40 130mph+ passes on it. I've had 0 problems. Brian is a great guy to deal with and is a straight shooter. I don't usually give many glowing recommendations. Brian is one of the few that I feel comfortable doing that for.

Some bad news

With all of this positive feedback I think it's time someone stepped up and said how terrible the service and performance is.

I was always worrying about the 200. I was used to worrying about it. Now I don't have to....this sucks. The damn thing works so well, I wanna put one in my super duty...that's going to take me forever to figure out! So there's some extra work for me because of this "Brian" character.
This thing hits soo hard in every gear my kidneys are bruised...So now there's a doctors bill. What a butthead.

OK so when the instructions said the t-brake was like getting rear ended by a freight train, apparently that was a literal term....more like two freight trains, or a shape charge going off at the rear bumper.

The service....Couldn't get off the phone with him. Everything has to be so perfect. Oh and if something goes wrong....he's gonna want to fix it....immediately. Busybodies are irritating Brian:biggrin:

All in all, as annoying as this transaction was.... I will only buy tranny's from Brian. I will recommend only Brian's tranny's. I spent less time making my transaction/order than I usually do at my bank to deposit a check.

So if expedience, quality, and perfect service is not annoying to you....this is the guy.

Very funny!

Brian,
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, I have to tell you;
Probably will never buy another tranny from you again!
Sorry.

Why? Because I don't need to.
When I tell people I can still chirp the tires 2-3 at the track, shifting around 5000 rpm, they don't believe it.
Trans has been in the car for about 3-4 years.
Sure, maybe "some day" it will get freshened up, but another one?
Nah, this one will last. ;)

Insurance

Hey Brian, can you send me your insurance carrier info. I had to quit using the transbrake because of a neck injury if gave me!!!, just kidding, love the transmission, need to send my stall back to have it loosened a little, but could not be happier with the ability of this transmission. Keep up the great work and I will give you any references you need. My hybred ran a 1.39 60' off the trans brake, wow what a ride. I have not been able to make a full run mostly backing out at before the eighth as i don't have a cage and need the tuning time at the tract and don't want to get kicked out or kill myself or anyone else. If you have anyone that wants to take a ride in a car backed with your transmission in the southeast tell them to give me a call.

George Bradley

Hey Brian, can you send me your insurance carrier info. I had to quit using the transbrake because of a neck injury if gave me!!!, just kidding, love the transmission, need to send my stall back to have it loosened a little, but could not be happier with the ability of this transmission. Keep up the great work and I will give you any references you need. My hybred ran a 1.39 60' off the trans brake, wow what a ride. I have not been able to make a full run mostly backing out at before the eighth as i don't have a cage and need the tuning time at the tract and don't want to get kicked out or kill myself or anyone else. If you have anyone that wants to take a ride in a car backed with your transmission in the southeast tell them to give me a call.

George Bradley

pm sent

George Bradley

:biggrin:
Thanks George!
I am glad to hear it is working well for you!

You guys are ALL the best!

Brian

Another happy customer. My regular performance tranny guy didn't even want to touch a 200-4R. Brian provides a vital service for us fools who still run them!!

Every time I clean the trans fluid off my garage floor I think of Brian and how instead of replacing the front pump like he said he needed to do he took the cheap route and installed a oversize seal instead.

Brian rebuilt my trans. It had a minor leak from a having spun the front seal immediately after a much earlier rebuild by someone else.

Brian stated that the front pump had to be replaced to stop the leak. Brian rebuilt my trans and I installed it and the leak was still there. When I asked him about it he said he did not replace the pump he installed a oversize seal instead and blamed it on the TC. This same leak had been thru 2 TCs and the leak is still the same amount.
And he had to send me a different valve body as the one he installed would not let the trans downshift.

Other than that the trans works fine just wish he had replaced the pump.