BRF street/strip trans ready to go

brian

True BRF trans with all the usual build parts. This one is slightly more tame than the norm for me. No transbrake or big servo. This will make a killer deep 11 second trans, with great street manners, and chirp style shifts.
The trans has a hardened drum and input shaft. 10 vane pump, ring kit, 550 and 400 boost valves. Alto clutches (extra throughout) and wide red band, and a 694 servo.
Price is $1400 no core needed in return, but I will give $300 credit for one back.
Will ship anywhere in the U.S. for $150 additional.
Feedback can be viewed on this board. Search under my username. This unit is here now, ready to ship.
Thank you, Brian Hofer
hipsibri@cs.com

what parts were used in the build? what HP will it hold? i am looking at a putting one in my Z28 with a 408 stroker putting down 500rwhp N/A and adding a 250hp shot down the road. i have to keep my OD and the 4l60e is to unreliable.

thanks.

What type of converter are you going to run?
Non lock up I assume? I have a 388 stroker with 175hp N.O.S. in a 4000lb car. Not as much power as you are talking, but not that far off.
If you go non lock up with a ten inch or smaller converter, I can hook you up. I have one with a trans brake and bigger servo that will fit your needs better. You will need a bigger servo to get the band on quicker.
Sounds like a good combo for a challenge. I`ll work with you.
586-306-9996 after 12pm Michigan time.
Thanks, Brian

what kinda price are we looking at with the T-Brake tranny?
i have a 200-4r core that i was going to build. i woudl be willing to use ity as the $300 core credit.

i would be using a 9.5 inch nitrous convertor. the car should make roughly 750rwhp on the spray. it will spend most of its time on the motor though.

Same question for me. How much with trans brake (what kind?). Could use mine for core. It's only got about 5000 miles, but won't shift. A local guy built it with hardened stator, etc. But think think I'll go that route again. I'm in Texas 75501

The brake is our own.
It operates like a Stage Right, that is where the similarities end. Basically a manual brake. Place the trans in low to engage, push it forward to release.
Hope this helps...Brian

sweeet.. i used to have a stage right 200r4... loved it..

nice price !!

switched to a th400 with a brake.

Brian

I am waiting for my stock tranny to give out and then I will be giving you a call.

In the post, what's the diff between the tranny's with or without the big servo?

The tranny will need to be good for low 11's.

The transmissions with the bigger servo will provide a firmer shift and less band slippage. They will be a little more comfortable running deep into the 11`s and quicker as it gets the band on with significantly more force.
Many cars have gone plenty fast on a 694 servo. But, it is a highly recommended option to install in an 11 second or quicker car.
I hope this info is useful...
Thank you.

This trans does not come with a converter.
Brian

Brain

brian said:
The transmissions with the bigger servo will provide a firmer shift and less band slippage. They will be a little more comfortable running deep into the 11`s and quicker as it gets the band on with significantly more force.
Many cars have gone plenty fast on a 694 servo. But, it is a highly recommended option to install in an 11 second or quicker car.
I hope this info is useful...
Thank you.

This trans does not come with a converter.
Brian

do you have a phone number i can call you at to Discuss Trans info and sale :eek:

The trans has been sold.
I have a local pick up this weekend.
Thanks

GNBUICK87
I will contact you about building another.
Thanks, Brian