Brendan Fraser's Maserati

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
I didnt get a chance to meet him but the service advisor at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer in the valley let me know that it belonged to Fraser. Anthracite colored wheels do not like curbs too much. I had to "move the car" to the recon center about 8 miles away :) to do the work.

003-1.jpg

Damaged Front Passenger Side
004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Repaired Front Passenger Side

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

wow Great Job Terik! i guess you paint them too.... did you start your mobile company yet?

Almost looks like Maserati stole some styling ideas from Buick. Look at the grille and the ports on the fenders.:biggrin: Doubt any of those big movie stars drop their cars off at the dealers themselves.:smile:

Almost looks like Maserati stole some styling ideas from Buick. Look at the grille and the ports on the fenders.:biggrin: Doubt any of those big movie stars drop their cars off at the dealers themselves.:smile:

I thought the same thing about the fenders...

Guess Brendan is NOT the DORK he seems to play in movies.

All the big sports stars in Dallas drop them off.

Those 20"wheels can't take a hit worth a crap. I do wheel repairs 3-4 times a week on Masers.

That is a Gran Turismo. Has a 4.2 liter Ferrari motor. If its an "s" it has a stroked 4.7. Pretty cool cars if you can wrap your head around the fact that they lose 40% of their value when driven off the lot.

Good work on that wheel. We send the wheel out. It looks like you do just as good of a job with the wheel on. Please move to Dallas.:biggrin:

We have Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati stores.

Get me the last six of the vin and ill tell you who owns it. :)

Maserati has had fender ports for a while, but they started as "gills". It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the three-port was taken from a well known bad-zzz American car company.

wow Great Job Terik! i guess you paint them too.... did you start your mobile company yet?

All the big sports stars in Dallas drop them off.

Those 20"wheels can't take a hit worth a crap. I do wheel repairs 3-4 times a week on Masers.

That is a Gran Turismo. Has a 4.2 liter Ferrari motor. If its an "s" it has a stroked 4.7. Pretty cool cars if you can wrap your head around the fact that they lose 40% of their value when driven off the lot.

Good work on that wheel. We send the wheel out. It looks like you do just as good of a job with the wheel on. Please move to Dallas.:biggrin:

We have Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati stores.

Get me the last six of the vin and ill tell you who owns it. :)

Maserati has had fender ports for a while, but they started as "gills". It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the three-port was taken from a well known bad-zzz American car company.

Thanks!!! I am so close to being finished with the Suburban. Today I should be done with my airsupply setup. It's been kinda tough but I have made great progress with my work truck and website. I figure about another 2 months of working as hard as I can and I will have everything needed to move on. Yeah 95% of the wheel repairs are performed with it mounted to vehicle. I use a really small touch up gun for large repairs but most of the time I use a Badger air brush for the smaller repairs.

Most of the wheel companies around here need to remove the rim from the car for repairs. A few competitors try to talk down about "on vehicle" wheel repairs because they say it doesn't come out the same. I prove them wrong everytime and I am not afraid to recommend another company if I don't think it will turn out ok. Once I am done with the repair I always ask the customer to find where the damage was....they always have a hard time detecting the repair area :smile: That's the goal. Sometimes I have to turn down certain damaged wheels because the needed repairs exceeds the ability of our mobile equipment ie bent rims/cracked rims. You are right about those wheels not liking curbs too much. For whatever reason the paint used on the Ferrari/Maserati wheels is extremely soft and vulnerable to not only curb rash but even being careless with a tire iron will scratch the hell out them.

About 3 months ago I repair this white one that belongs to Kim Wayans, The Wayans Brothers sister lol.

71905_1567361057563_1041512162_31563413_2961683_n.jpg

46963_1515846569733_1041512162_31459510_4174004_n.jpg

The Lotus is probably the most uncomfortable car I have ever sat in.

61620_1546699941048_1041512162_31523751_4104156_n.jpg

Thanks!!! I am so close to being finished with the Suburban. Today I should be done with my airsupply setup. It's been kinda tough but I have made great progress with my work truck and website. I figure about another 2 months of working as hard as I can and I will have everything needed to move on. Yeah 95% of the wheel repairs are performed with it mounted to vehicle. I use a really small touch up gun for large repairs but most of the time I use a Badger air brush for the smaller repairs.

Thanks!!! Most of the wheel companies around here need to remove the rim from the car for repairs. A few competitors try to talk down about "on vehicle" wheel repairs because they say it doesn't come out the same. I prove them wrong everytime. Once I am done with the repair I always ask the customer to find where the damage was....they always have a hard time detecting the repair area :smile: That's the goal. Sometimes I have to turn down certain damaged wheels because the needed repairs exceeds the ability of our mobile equipment ie bent rims/cracked rims. You are right about those wheels not liking curbs too much. For whatever reason the paint used on the Ferrari/Maserati wheels is extremely soft and vulnerable to not only curb rash but even being careless with a tire iron will scratch the hell out them.

About 3 months ago I repair this white one that belongs to Kim Wayans, The Wayans Brothers sister lol.

]

You should clean David Spades wheels.. tell him on the house if you takes photos of you doing work on his GN

Awesome work man. You wil do well.

Factory says it takes up to 6 years for the paint to fully cure and it will always be a little "soft".

We have a lot of pot holes here, out of round every time.

One of my best so far: I was looking up a headlight assembly for a 360 in San Fran. Ran the vin through Ferraria nd it came back as Skywalker Ranch.

how does someone like Brendan Fraser have nough money to buy a car like that? the only good role he's ever done was a bit part on Scrubs where he was only in like 3 episodes- but it was a good role..

and you should really buy some jack stands- the $15.99 for pair at Sears is cheap compared to the cost of a $200,000 car falling down when an o-ring inside the jack decided to let go for no real reason..

how does someone like Brendan Fraser have nough money to buy a car like that? the only good role he's ever done was a bit part on Scrubs where he was only in like 3 episodes- but it was a good role..

and you should really buy some jack stands- the $15.99 for pair at Sears is cheap compared to the cost of a $200,000 car falling down when an o-ring inside the jack decided to let go for no real reason..

Not exactly a jack stand friendly car, neither are the F-cars. The F-cars have under panels that cover the entire bottom. There are no contact points for a jack stand.
There are 2 very small areas on the rear for a jack, then the front frame has two small areas that are completely flat ( about 2" x 6" where the factory says to lift. ). The Maserati is similar and weighs about 5k lbs!

Not exactly a jack stand friendly car, neither are the F-cars. The F-cars have under panels that cover the entire bottom. There are no contact points for a jack stand.
There are 2 very small areas on the rear for a jack, then the front frame has two small areas that are completely flat ( about 2" x 6" where the factory says to lift. ). The Maserati is similar and weighs about 5k lbs!

Exactly.

nice work Terik! u got some skillz

Thanks!!!

how does someone like Brendan Fraser have enough money to buy a car like that? the only good role he's ever done was a bit part on Scrubs where he was only in like 3 episodes- but it was a good role..

LOL I have a had one of those US General jacks blow an o-ring out when I had a car up on all fours. The jack just went down really slowly but the car didn't move. I don't work under the car so I am not too worried about jack failure.

A pre-owned Maserati isn't that expensive. My GF is in love with the Quattroporte and she is working on buying one by the summer. They can be had for about $30k to $50K around here.

Terik......stay away from a QP.....unless

It is a cpo car purchased from a Maserati dealer. This way the warranty will be extended for 4 years. There's too much that can go wrong with a QP that can easily add up to half of what you pay used from a broker.

Make sure it is a zf car (automatic) and not a duo-select. The F1 cars are a hassle trust me.

Double check the interior leather for peeling...not wear, but in places the leather should not peel. Door pockets, passenger side dash, etc...

GET A PPI....do not ever buy a Italian car without one. Could save you thousands.

E-mail me the last six of the vins you are looking at and I will run them for you to see if there are any flags.

Personally the only Maserati I would buy is one that still has at least 3 years warranty left.

Probably from the different Mummy movies he has done.

30-50k can get you a pretty nice Maser. $123k car new, drive it off the lot and return in ten minutes. The dealer will offer you $80k as a trade.

It's an interesting market.

30-50k can get you a pretty nice Maser. $123k car new, drive it off the lot and return in ten minutes. The dealer will offer you $80k as a trade.

It's an interesting market.

Thats crazy!!! I have a question for you. Have you guys found a solution for curb damaged ball polished wheels? I have been doing tons of research and have only found 2 shops in the US who can repair them back to the original finish. The Ferrari Maserati service dept guys tell that I will make tons of $$$ if I can figure out how to repair them. I had a customer who refused to take no for an answer when I told him that I didn't want to perform the repair. I gave it a try and the wheel turned out okay but wasn't acceptable to me. He was happy that the curb rash was gone but I could clearly see the change of texture between the ball polish finish verses the repaired area that I sanded and polished. From what I have read the ball polish is accomplished by polishing the rim immediatley after its casted and still hot. I understand that simulating the ball polished look is next to impossible so I found a paint call "alumifec" that if sprayed correctly will mask the texture change line from the repair. The "alumifec" paint is really transparent and takes numerous coats in order to cover. This should work to my advantage because if I can keep my repaired edge nice and tight around the circumference of the wheel and lightly spray this paint...in theory it should blend nicely and be undetectable to the untrained eye.

Here is the ball polished finish and the paint that might work.

IMG_0741.jpg

af1.jpg

No, not sure but I will ask my wheel guy how they do it and report back to you. I cant tell where the repair was on the ball polished wheels when they get back, so whatever method they are using works.

I have had some clients ask to have the wheels polished mirror and they look a hell of a lot better than the ball. That may be a better alternative.