Brayton Engineering Stage 2 USAC Engine

Double-L

Posting this engine for sale for a friend that used to run the USAC midget series. This engine is a 166ci 3.66 bore 2.625 stroke. aluminum block that was cast by brayton, 6 bolt mains, dry sump, belt drive external pump, the internals are some high end forgings but i didnt disassemble the engine enough to get a make on the crank or rods, massive dome pistions. the heads are stage 2 but with a smaller port than the typical indycar heads. and if i remember correct a 1.94/1.50 valve due to the smaller bore. shaft mounts, ti retainers, the camshaft is of unknown specs but this engine saw rpm at the 10k mark on the recall. it had a mag installed on the motor now but also has 3 different electronic ignitions modified by brayton engineering and looks to be from the old indy program from my reaserch this engine was used in the former indy lights class and destroked the 166ci limit for usac. i am forgetting TONS of specs and i will be posting pictures this weekend. asking 3500 for the engine. its a remarkable piece, worth alot more than the asking price but this engine is no longer competitive in the class and its been laying around the shop for awhile. any questions feel free to ask and i'll reply as soon as i can

Attachments

• Buick Stage 2 Heads.jpg
    Buick Stage 2 Heads.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 308
  • Buick V6 Race Engine.jpg
    Buick V6 Race Engine.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_6710.jpg
    IMG_6710.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_6057.jpg
    IMG_6057.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_9746.jpg
    IMG_9746.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 285
Location, and what all comes on it? valve covers, pan, dry sump, intake, carb, accessories, etc? Not for me, just curious and should help the sale. Sounds like an interesting piece for sure.

Location, and what all comes on it? valve covers, pan, dry sump, intake, carb, accessories, etc? Not for me, just curious and should help the sale. Sounds like an interesting piece for sure.
got some pictures posted, the engine is pretty much complete except for the oil tank for the dry sump. it has a kinsler mechanical fuel injection and the velocity stacks that sit on top. there is all the extra electronic ignition parts, extra plug wires for the mag, a few random gaskets, and big fiberglass crate that has the power 6 logo and buick on the side from when the engine was originally shipped, and extra hub that bolts on the end of the crank to drive the oil pump and the gilmer belts to spin it

got some pictures posted, the engine is pretty much complete except for the oil tank for the dry sump. it has a kinsler mechanical fuel injection and the velocity stacks that sit on top. there is all the extra electronic ignition parts, extra plug wires for the mag, a few random gaskets, and big fiberglass crate that has the power 6 logo and buick on the side from when the engine was originally shipped, and extra hub that bolts on the end of the crank to drive the oil pump and the gilmer belts to spin it
located about an hour north of indianapolis

It looks pretty application specific, what are you going to do with it Mike?

Neal

Well I dont really know. It is a low deck ( 8.200" probably) which makes for a very small looking engine. I alway have wanted to build a Rat rod truck with that exact engine combo. So it will sit here in the corner probably till I die!!!
But if I ever get more of my bucket list done , it just may happen!!! I have 2 other low deck blocks and the short stroke cranks and rods it would take to put them together , but this one is already finished. Mike