Brand "X" Bash 2009 Event!

Any plans to meet up and convoy to temple from houston?

Rob

Nick Alfano & I are driving up Sunday morning, if anyone wants to meet @ Hwy 290 & FM 1960, there is a gas station there. Leave at 6:00 am, should be at Acadamy Raceway at 9:00 am.

I might actually go to this. So it's a TMCCC event as well as Buick Bash? Will there be open time trials as well? And will my SS Silverado be welcome there?

I might actually go to this. So it's a TMCCC event as well as Buick Bash? Will there be open time trials as well? And will my SS Silverado be welcome there?

Hey Cody, yes you can race anything, as long as you put "K" on your window that will represent the Buicks even though its not a Buick it will get points for the Buicks, thats how the TMCCC work.

Absolutely! Bring it! We have not seen you around in a long time. :cool:

How'd everybody do?
It was a good meet. The wind was howling out of the NNW @ 30+. Fortunately, the track is down lower than the surrounding area and circled with trees to provide a natural wind break. It warmed up to around 68*; and, with the clear skies I came home with a bit of a sunburn. My best estimate is that there were about 30 cars that raced with us for Team K. There was a nice variety of both older and newer Buicks there.

Jarrod Campbell drove his way to win the Street Muscle class. Congratulations Jarrod! Jarrod received a nice plaque and will receive a nice personalized denim winners jacket as well.

Yours truly, went five rounds into the final to take the runner-up spot in the King Muscle class. Plaques were handed out to the top four spots in each category.

EJ from Houston had an unfortunate incident with his Regal. Although his Buick was equiped with aftermarket axles, it appears that his ride immediately went into severe wheel hop causing it to shear all of the 1/2" studs on the driver's rear. His driver, Joe, skillfully kept it off of the wall as it crossed the center line while spinning out 180 on three wheels. As the wheel came rolling out it damaged the lower quarter as it continued to travel down the track. Joe did a good job because it could have been much worse. One of our members caught some of it with his camera.

Many others in attendance went several rounds. Thanks to them, a lot of points were scored for Team K. The event started around 9:00am and we were finished around 5:30. I think most of us made it back home at a decent hour. It was a good time all around and it was great to hang out with our fellow Buick friends and family. I as well as some others in our club shot many photos of this event. I will try to remember to post a link to them when they are uploaded.