Brand new GN wheels never mounted....worth?

00ws6ta

(3) are in the original GM boxes (1) is missing it's box, but new none the less. All four have never been mounted and are time capsules. Not selling just curious what you guys think they are worth.

(3) are in the original GM boxes (1) is missing it's box, but new none the less. All four have never been mounted and are time capsules. Not selling just curious what you guys think they are worth.

It's hard to say an exact figure, but they're worth as much as someone's willing to pay for them...It's question of supply and demand...If I were to guess a number, I'd say $200. each...?...

Claude. :redface:

The thing that kills NOS stuff is when it can be remade to be better then new. True Design Wheels in Denver will re chrome and re powder coat the black parts on a GN rim for about $210.00 a rim. Then you figure if you don't have cores you'll pay around 100 for used cores. So that would take you in the area of $300 each for a better then NOS refurbished rim. Certain things on these cars won't affect the price on a item if it's refurbished or not. Like the rims. The chrome was horrible from the factory so the re chrome would look better and last longer. Now in the box can run the price up a pinch so if you used that theory your NOS in the box rims should be worth in the area of $1200 to $1500 for the set. Now the next issue is something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. So today could be a different price then when the time comes when you want to sell them. :cool:

You need to check the date code stamped into the wheels. As has already been mentioned the factory chrome was not the best either. I would be worried about how they were stored, they could be pitted. Probably a buyers market right now but I would think if they were PERFECT $1200.00. Pitted, somewhere around $600.00- $800.00. Probably better-off holding them for now if they are perfect. Good luck

Bryan

Ok....... $1,200+ buys you reproductions and $600-$800 buys you at best driver quality wheels. Maybe it's just me, but reproductions will never be originals. Here is what a set of originals look like in boxes that were properly stored without pitting.

Attachments

• IMG_5412.jpg
    IMG_5412.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_5413.jpg
    IMG_5413.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5415.jpg
    IMG_5415.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 183
I would say like someone else said in the 1500$ range. They are still NEW wheels, and you can't get very stylish ones like these for less than that!

Yeah, $1,500 is what I thought they should be worth more or less. If I list them for sale at least I know a ball park figure. Thanks

With the economy where it is right now I would hold on to them. The wheels look great, they have been stored properly and will bring a better price sometime down the road. Just my opinion and I am not looking to buy them. They would also be worth more if they were date coded in 87.

Bryan

With the economy where it is right now I would hold on to them. The wheels look great, they have been stored properly and will bring a better price sometime down the road. Just my opinion and I am not looking to buy them. They would also be worth more if they were date coded in 87.

Bryan

+1 hold on to them