Brand New 1987 Grand National/GNX Grilles and Headlight Bezels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epitome

Staff member
Brand New 1987 Grand National/GNX Grille and Headlight Reproductions....Dead On Exact! 280 Piece Limited Production of Each.

Brand New Grille Just $219.99 Each
Brand New Headlight Bezel Set Just $179.99 Per Set
*Best Value Saves $20: Just $379.99 FOR ALL 3 PIECES!

Epitome Exclusives: Collectible Quality Turbo Buick Reproductions and Die Casts

Risk Free Guaranteed Pre-Orders Taken Now For Product Release In June.
No Charge Until We Are Getting Ready To Ship And You Can Return If You Are Not Completely Satisfied When You Get Them. Place Your Pre-Order Now And Guarantee Your Slot.

Why swapping out your expensive original parts now for exact duplicates that cost much less makes financial sense:
1. We all expect that in the future our cars and their original parts will continue to go up in value, just as they have in recent years. Think about what original Barracuda, Corvette, Camaro etc parts are going for today.

2. ABS plastic, the material the original parts are made of, warps, fades and discolors when exposed to temperature change and sunlight over time. There is no way to stop this process other than controlling their environment. This lowers their value and makes it more and more expensive if you have to find originals to replace them in the future.

3. Thefts of these very expensive original parts is up already and will continue to rise as the economy slows a bit. I have 3 customers that have had their original headlight bezels and blinkers stolen in the last 6 months. 4 screws on each and 60 seconds and......bye bye $500 in original parts.

4. The deep, rich look of a brand new grille and headlight bezels just makes the car look more BAD ASS! The fit, finish and feel of our reproduction parts is EXACT. We did, however, add UV protection in the ABS plastic that wasn't available when the originals were made...a clear added value. No one will know the difference between our reproductions and the originals without looking at the new part numbers on the back.

Lastly, only offered to TurboBuick.com members who see this here. If you place a risk free pre-order for either a new grille or headlight bezel set or both, you will receive 50% off of any 1:24th scale diecast car(s) you order from us. YOU MUST CALL IN THE DIECAST ORDER BY PHONE AND WE WILL MATCH YOUR NAME UP WITH YOUR PRE-ORDER.

The Turbo Buick community has been very supportive of us over the last 9 years, we are really looking forward to wowing everyone that pre-orders this limited run with the quality and value of these new reproduction parts.

why are you making it only a limited run? surely the mold has to be good for more than 300 parts

There are different quality molds for different qualities of parts. The more parts you can run from a single mold at a very high quality level, the more expensive that mold is. We are comfortable that the mold we are working with will produce enough high quality pieces to satisfy worldwide demand for these parts. We obviously believe that number might be a bit lower than you are thinking. Other companies may press a mold past the point where the part is of a very high quality. Since we are committed to making every one of these parts at the top quality level possible, we won't press our molds past the point of best quality. Lastly, in order to get the final pricing structure right for our customers, we had to pick the mold that would produce the highest quality, yet basically become useless to produce high quality pieces once the final number of pieces we want is accomplished. If we had a mold made that had the ability to produce thousands of pieces more than we thought we needed at a high quality level, that mold would have been MUCH more expensive. This would have made the final selling price much higher. I think we have found the right balance. To me, our pricing seems like quite a bargain. I always look at a project we are doing and judge it based on whether I, as a fellow Turbo Buick owner, would buy the piece. I'll be buying a couple of sets of these for myself and my low mileage original parts are going into storage. :)

A couple of questions for you:
1) Are these going to be painted black, powdercoated in black, or molded in black material that will need no paint and / or coat processing?
2) Any intentions and / or plans of offering these in chrome for the Chrome cars ?
3) How long will these retain their surface profile?

1. The original parts were treated with a molding texture known as “vapor honing”. Vapor honing uses a "slurry" of abrasive material carried in water, applied to the mold cavity through thin nozzles under high pressure, to finish a mold surface. In addition to offering an authentic and uniform matte finish, this texture allows for a natural releasing from the tool. There is no paint on the originals at all, just the matte finish created by the vapor honing. Once you get the new parts from us you simply install them, they are fully prepped as we will be using the same as original "vapor honing" process. :)

2. We do not have any plans to offer these in chrome at this time, the market just isn't there for it yet.

3. The ABS plastic we are using is identical to the original parts except for some added UV protection that wasn't available when the originals were made. The new parts should maintain their looks the same or better than the originals.

As a side note, people who take original grilles or headlight bezels and paint them speed up the warping process. As the ABS plastic goes through heating/cooling cycles they need to out gas. If they are painted the out gassing process is retarded and they will warp faster.

As soon as you get some feedback I will purchase a set of bezels. It's about time we got some reproductions out there. :D

We are staking our long known good reputation on this project. We have done everything right. The run will be limited however and I urge you to place a risk free, guaranteed pre-order. We don't charge anything until we are getting ready to ship and if you don't like them for any reason when you get them you can send them back. I think everyone that pre-orders will be glad they did when the parts get there. :)

Just Ordered!

I just did my order, and will let you all know when thy arrive, ( late June):D

How About Some Other Parts ?

We are staking our long known good reputation on this project. We have done everything right. The run will be limited however and I urge you to place a risk free, guaranteed pre-order. We don't charge anything until we are getting ready to ship and if you don't like them for any reason when you get them you can send them back. I think everyone that pre-orders will be glad they did when the parts get there. :)

the grill and lights look really good !You'll make big bucks if you did doors and floor pans etc.:cool: there's a market big time having to buy used doors with minor defects and going to the junkyard to cut out a floor is a mission,hope youre our Buicks savior ;)

We aren't making lights, just the bezels that go around the headlights and hold the blinker.....but I know what you mean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.