Brakes very tight after front caliper/pad instal...

im4darush

Is it somehow possible to do something wrong during the install to cause this? Calipers side specific but still fit on both sides? Cant imagine thats the case. The pads are seated correctly. Almost impossible to turn by hand with wheel off. Wheel on turns much easier but still a good amount of resistance. Any ideas?

they will fit on both sides, but the bleeder valve should be on top. Are both wheels tight? If so, open the bleeder and see if the wheel turns. If it turns, then you have a hydraulic problem, maybe stuck prop valve.

Did you replace the calipers for that reason. Like stated above crack the bleeders open and see if the loosen up. If they do pump the pedal and loosen the steel line at the brake hose if it doesnt loosen uo its time to upgrade the front hoses to flex hoses. There are only a few things that could cause this problem. Master cylinder. prop valve, hoses or cross threaded caliper bolts. Are all the slides lubed up?

Both bleeders are on top so the calipers are on right. They were not replaced for this reason. One of them was sticking on occasion so I replaced them both. Opening the bleeder does not loosen it. Just as tight with the bleeder open. I did not have a fluid problem before...all worked well. The caliper bolts are threaded correctly. since opening the bleeder does not solve the issue, can we rule out the hydrolic element? If so, then the pads must have way too much material? And both sides are the same.

Both bleeders are on top so the calipers are on right. They were not replaced for this reason. One of them was sticking on occasion so I replaced them both. Opening the bleeder does not loosen it. Just as tight with the bleeder open. I did not have a fluid problem before...all worked well. The caliper bolts are threaded correctly. since opening the bleeder does not solve the issue, can we rule out the hydrolic element? If so, then the pads must have way too much material? And both sides are the same.

With the pads in the caliper both together will easiy have more room in them to go over the rotor with plenty of room. Compress the caliper piston all the way and see if that frees up things. If it does then you most likely have bad rebuilds on the calipers.