brake trouble

boostingirl

well i noticed some fluid under my car the other day,i took it to the car wash and washed everything,no drips. later in the night theres a wet spot again under my car,i can't see where its coming from but under my powermaster its all wet on the bottom of the motor.not sure what to do at this point. anyone else have this problem?the fluid does not stay in there lol

There's lots of places it can leak and spray. :eek:

Switch, accumulator, hose fittings, brake line fittings, top cover, rubber nipples to the M/C from the reservoir.

Gotta clean it good and watch the thing while someones pumping the pedal on and off slowly at idle.

I am having this same problem. leak seems to be coming from under the pump. I purchased a used vac system from this board and will be installing it next week and getting rid of the pm forever. I think it is a seal that goes bad, and the only thing to do if you want to keep the pm is replace the pump.Or replace the pm with something better. Hope this helps.

Looks like it's conversion time girl. Do the hydroboost conversion and you won't be sorry.

Hydroboost was used in 85 & 85 - kinda makes the conversion somewhat like original.

It was actually used from 83 through 85 and is the original system the car was designed for.

I bet you can get a vacum setup w pedal from TTA JAMES in CT.

I did mine in the TT and no more scary RIDE :eek:

There is a check valve in the side of the master cylinder where the hose from the pump connects that can hang up. Pump your system down, take the fitting loose, dig the valve out and make sure it's clean and seating properly. Put it back together and see what happens.