Brake Problems

diomedes

I converted my brakes to vacuum last week and on my test run my drivers side tire locked up when I pressed the brakes.

Figured it was bad brake lines (cause they were old and dry rotted) so I replaced them along with new calipers for both sides.

Took it on a test run and same problem. Drivers side locked up.

Im getten a little tired of the brake fluid smell so i would love to fix this problem on the next shot.

Is it
1) Bad proportioning valve
2) Switched the brake lines when I converted it?
3) Anything else?

Brake lines are most likely culprit, however, I see you already addressed that issue.
Next on list would be combiner valve - you do have the recall brass valve vice the original style cast iron valve?

Thanks for the reply...
Is it suppose to be brass?
I would have to look again tomorrow... but from memory I think it looked cast iron... cause I definitely do not remember brass.

Was the cast iron recalled?

Thanks for the reply...
Is it suppose to be brass?
I would have to look again tomorrow... but from memory I think it looked cast iron... cause I definitely do not remember brass.

Was the cast iron recalled?

The cast iron one can rust and cause issues. I think there was a recall.

When you bleed the fronts, do both calipers seem to flow equilly?

Can you check to see if the passenger side is grabbing at all? Have someone push the pedal while you have the wheel in the air and rotate it to see if it turns?

The cast combiner was replaced by a brass unit for the recall. Our cars are old enough, you'll have to spring for the brass unit at around $100. Don't ask how I know.

front locking up points toward the proportioning valve, as posted above...time to get the brass one.

Can you check to see if the passenger side is grabbing at all? Have someone push the pedal while you have the wheel in the air and rotate it to see if it turns?

Finally got a chance to work on this... Front passenger side does grab... do we have a combo valve or proportioning valve?

got a brand new brass one for you $90 shipped 203 213 9126

I am interested, but about to vacation this week in Puerto Rico and will need a paycheck after I get back so I will PM you up in about two weeks to see if its still available.

I am interested, but about to vacation this week in Puerto Rico and will need a paycheck after I get back so I will PM you up in about two weeks to see if its still available.

will still have it . call me when get back 203 213 9126