Brake Problems

BUICKGNX

Hey Guys!!
I have been trying to figure out this problem. My brake pedal is hard as a rock. The brake light is always on. The switch seems to be good. The accumulator was just changed an hour ago. The connectors seem to be ok and the fuses are ok as well. I tried testing the switch with a digital multimeter. All the a,b,c terminals read 0.02. I set the tool under ohms which reads 2000. The instructions are that. The picture to set the dial at is like a horse shoe. PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM DOING IT OK!!.
Any how, the connectors are both ok. Just 1 concern.....
With the key on and the pressure switch plugged in, the connector for the motor/pump was plugged in but made a clicking sound as if when two power items meet together in contact. There is no motor turn but just a click. Is the pump/motor shot???
I checked with the multimeter and it shows no numbers. Please someone help me.

Thank you

Mike:eek: :(

Mine did the exact same thing, I changed everything with used parts trying to get them to work and finally bit the bullet and put a new switch on and have had brakes ever since. My pump relay made the same cliking noise. I would say the switch is the problem as long as its not blowing fuses. If it starts blowing fuses I would say its the pump going bad. Try unscrewing the ball and let it stay off for about 45 min and then put it back on and try them, If they work I would try a new switch. They might not start working for a few minutes after you replace the ball.

Moose,
Do you think the pump is still good???
I changed the accumulator with a brand new one from gm. The clicking does not mean that the pump/motor is shot. Can it be the pressure switch???
The fuses are not popping. There are 3 fuses: 20, 25, & 30.
If the motor clicks but does not run can it be really the switch???
I checked to see if there is any volts coming from the pump/ motor and nothing

Mike:(

I did have a pump motor to go bad one time and It would blow fuses pretty quick, I put another one on and they worked fine for a short time and then Is when I ended up putting a new switch on and so far so good. I'm just trying to help from my problems and trouble shooting. Yours could vary from mine. I do remember hearing the relay click but I'm pretty sure It was after I put the new pump on. Anyone else know a little more?

Moose, Thanks for your ideas. I'll try changing the switch. It might make sense because the switch is needed to let the motor run. Pump connector A should be with switch connector C. Please let me know your thoughts:)

Guys,
Still need some assistance. Just got off the phone with my gm parts consultant. I ordered a new pressure switch for my gn. I hope that this solves my problem. My pump will click but not run when i plug the connector to the relay. Does this mean that the pump is a gonner?? Or is it the switch???

Thanks for the link.
I just ordered a new pressure switch and will be picked up on monday. I hope it is the switch.
There is a click in the motor/pump when the connector is plugged into the relay. My fuses seem to be ok and the fuses are not popping.
Any thoughts?????:rolleyes:

You would probably end up saving a lot of money and headaches just replacing the whole unit for $143.00 instead of part-by-part, which will cost a lot more. Just my .02.