Brake piping

blackbird

skunk works
Hi, I had the long metal brake pipe brake on my car and I am getting ready to buy a new one. My question is; do I need any special tool to remove this pipe?? Thanks.:confused:

just the wrenches made for flare end fittings. I believe its 11mm on one end and mayby 14 on the other? I just ordered the 7 piece stainless brake line set from inline tube for $179.00. My brake lines were about to rust away. Also replacing the 3 hard fuel lines.

Wow dude, thanks for the reply!! I really need this info to get my ride back on the skreet. The Stainless pipes are not the same as the real long one that goes to the rear? I was about to buy a set but I need to be sure I'm buying the right part.

Which part brust? I beleive there is two lines between the junction block at the front and the flex hose at the rear (unless mine just wasn't factory).

Also, it will be easier to get the fittings out without stripping them and swearing if you cut the line right before the fitting (obviously the line you are replacing) and putting a socket on the fitting.

You should be able to install pre-bent lines without any tools other than a couple wrenches (as long as the fittings come out easy)

It was a long steel pipe, it connects right under the drivers side and goes all the way to the differential.

Mine must not be stock then. If you aren't worried about keeping it factory then it is easier if you make a line (about 4 ft) and bend it to go from the flex hose over to the frame (with the fuel lines). Then put a fitting on the end with a union and then get another line (this one is the easier one because it's pretty much straight) to go from the junction to the union.

It's cheaper to bend your own lines than to get pre-bent ones. And it's not too hard if you have the proper tool (you can pick up a tube bender for about 10$).