Brake pedal clip

ChavoLC2

Whhat type of clip is used to attach PM piston to brake pedal? Is it a C-clip or is it like one of those round type clips that connects the throttle cable. I can't see the clip but can feel it, it's round/concave do you slip a screw driver under it between the pedal and clip and work it out,or use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab , twist and pull. Never have taken one of these off, can't see it know it's there though. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. TIA

cotter_pin.jpg

Scotty thanks

So it's a cotter pin that should be easy enough. The bicycling glove pin what does it represent a 300km day ride in Canada? That would be grueling even split . 30lbs ago rode from Seaside Oregon to Rehoboth beach Delaware. then down the outerbanks to Charleston , SC then back to Albq, NM. My longest day was 160 miles (that's only about 260 km) fully loaded racks panniers,sleeping bag,tent etc etc, coming back to NM. So if you did 300km in a day your an animal. BC is beautiful came back thru there from Alaska in 85 . Another place that was cool rode up there before my cross country ride was Victoria Island cool place. Cycling was my passion.

Cotter pin

That was funny ScottySquarepants. Well maybe someone will answer the question.

That was funny ScottySquarepants. Well maybe someone will answer the question.

Here is a pic of the actual pin that secures the PM rod to the Pedal stud, Hope it helps you, I removed it with a 90* pick tool. Ryan

Attachments

• Grand National 072.jpg
    Grand National 072.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Ryan

Thank you appreciate the info. That's too cool that your able to do a frame off. keep us posted as to the progress

Thank you appreciate the info. That's too cool that your able to do a frame off. keep us posted as to the progress

I shall, The car has an aluminum driveshaft, I seriously polished it like a mirror today;) That just may have been overkill!!! Lol

Many more pictures to come!! Thanks for the interest, Ryan