Brake Kit's

Strahd_Zarovich

SSG Schaecher (SHAKE)
I am looking at upgradeing and am trying to figure the best way. While I like the idea of the Baer kit what do the rotor cost to replace and are they over the conter stuff. The LS1 upgrade has over the conter stuff but takes a little work. Any other option or ideas?

As long as you get the right size rotor you should be able to replace them with other brands, rotors from a parts store, etc. I don't know why you're so concerned about the cost/availability of rotors though, you can machine/resurface them multiple times before you need to replace them.

Dynalite Pro Series Front Hub Kits

There's about $100 difference between the kit with traditional rotors and the kit with drilled/slotted rotors.

My stock rotors lasted 120K miles resurfaced 3 times. 5 sets of GM pads.

I think the Baers I have will last longer.

Rotors are most likely only available from Baer unless they match the Z51 Corvette parts but still would most likely be cheaper from Baer.

I think they are around $140 each in the 12" x 1.25" size.

I do not like to do upgrades where if something should goes wrong. i have to wait weeks for the parts to get here. Just a little tik of mine.

I know that the rotors will last for a couple of thousand miles.

Brakes

I would call Baer and ask them if they stock replacement parts, they have been extremely helpful every time I have contacted them. I do not remember the guys name that helped me but he is very familiar with GN's and may even have one. I will try and find my old notes with his name. If your car is modified and driven on the street this is one the most important modifications in my opinion.

Actually 2, and my dad has a TTA :)

If need be (for quick replacments) the rotors are the same as a C4 (heavy duty) from 88-96. Easiest way is tell the Auto parts store you want 96 C4 front rotors.

Our rotors are specific castings made for us, and they do offer a lifetime warranty against warping. These are available in many different options as well such as slot, drill, zinc plated.

In most cases (at full retail) are around $180 each.. but if you call a good reseller I am sure he will work with ya (such as Cottons) :)

HTH!

Brakes

Now I remember the guy's name is Rick. :D

You helped me with my 13" slotted,drilled,zinc coated, red caliper front disc brakes. These things along with my large rear drums which I think are old Torino drums will put you through the windshield. This winter I will get the matching rears. These things look awesome, but the really amazing thing is that they work better than they look.

Now I remember the guy's name is Rick. :D

You helped me with my 13" slotted,drilled,zinc coated, red caliper front disc brakes. These things along with my large rear drums which I think are old Torino drums will put you through the windshield. This winter I will get the matching rears. These things look awesome, but the really amazing thing is that they work better than they look.
if yo dont mind me asking, and if you dont mind sharing,,,,,, how much did your set up run you (formt rotors and calipers)?

There is another less costly option....depends on what you want and are willing to pay for. Baer is the BEST in my opinion and will be great if you really push the envelope and/or want to go to 13" rotors w/aftermarket 17/18" wheels.

But, You might want to look at a lower-cost option such as GM B-body
12" front disk brakes. You will have to purchase the spindles from junk yard. Also, Hotchkis tubular upper arms and braided SS hoses fromSummit or Jegs. The arms will pay dividends in handling as well. You can also use Camaro 1LE 12" rotors so bolt circle will be right and you will get metric wheel studs also. Check Autozone for pricing on rotors. Get Performance Friction HP pads to finish the deal. This will make a BIG improvement!

For rear disk brakes, its Baer all the way! Don't mess with anything else. Jack Cotton will give you a great price.

There is another less costly option....depends on what you want and are willing to pay for. Baer is the BEST in my opinion and will be great if you really push the envelope and/or want to go to 13" rotors w/aftermarket 17/18" wheels.

But, You might want to look at a lower-cost option such as GM B-body
12" front disk brakes. You will have to purchase the spindles from junk yard. Also, Hotchkis tubular upper arms and braided SS hoses fromSummit or Jegs. The arms will pay dividends in handling as well. You can also use Camaro 1LE 12" rotors so bolt circle will be right and you will get metric wheel studs also. Check Autozone for pricing on rotors. Get Performance Friction HP pads to finish the deal. This will make a BIG improvement!

For rear disk brakes, its Baer all the way! Don't mess with anything else. Jack Cotton will give you a great price.
what car and year do you get the spindles from?? do you still use the stock calipers off of the GN??? is it a direct bolt-on??? ( R&R)

I do not want to mess with the bump stear from the B-Body stuff.

This is a street driver, so I guess I will look at the low end of Bear's stuff.

You cannot go wrong with Baer! What bumpsteer?
Conrad

My 12" kit was about $1250 and you have to send the stock spindles back in their box for a core, kit comes with shipping label so it's easy.

Rears are about $850-$900 and come complete with parking brake cable mods.

My 12" fronts were zinc washed and slotted for options.

Got them both when Jack Cotton was running a sale 2 years ago, so I'm not sure of his regular prices, call him and I'm sure he can work with you.

My 12" kit fits with 15" aftermarket American Racing rims nicely and may have fit with stock T wheels with a spacer 3/16" or 1/4" but I never got around to needing to try them that way.

I like the American Racing rims for street use, strong and reasonably light weight and new still factory clear coated, unlike my old T wheels painted and cleared with urethane enamel only.