Brake help

T-Type85David

Kinda hard to stop only on a down hill? this normal for age of car? pedal feels good but down hill have to push all the way down, got fluid no air(that i know of,bled em already)Anyway other then that, what yr S10 rear Cyl are the upgrades?? If i get those do or should i get the Metric Caps in front?? If so can i still use my same brake pads?? Oh and could we use sytec brake fluid?? heard pretty much 50/50 on it.

Ok maybe im wrong on the vac convert, i might have gotten it wrong but OK VAC convert are the OLD SCHOOL BRAKES YES?? like what i would have in my nova & chevelle right? with the to humps n stuff. Well i have a FLAT brake cover,.SO this this hydoboost?? if so great, if not all the same to me. What?? i can make mistakes here n there haha ! :eek: ;)
SSPX0563.jpg

Ok maybe im wrong on the vac convert, i might have gotten it wrong but OK VAC convert are the OLD SCHOOL BRAKES YES?? like what i would have in my nova & chevelle right? with the to humps n stuff. Well i have a FLAT brake cover,.SO this this hydoboost?? if so great, if not all the same to me. What?? i can make mistakes here n there haha ! :eek: ;)
SSPX0563.jpg

headgasket%20112.jpg

above is my engine bay. that is a Hydroboost setup.

if you have a late 85 you might have a powermaster iirc...

What the hell do i have?? i dont think its powermaster, those have the big ball n stuff right?? That and i just sold my OLD powermaster n it doesnt look the same at all to what i have in the car right now. SOMEONE has to know, im gonna ask my brother.

I believe i may have the wrong MC , if that were the case. what do i ask for at autozone, off what car would work?? thanks

No air in the lines, bled em n still kinda:( I mean the pedal is stiff/firm it stops real good but, downhill have to push them all the way. I kinda wonder if something is sticking or stuck, piston or shoe or something. I got new cyl, caps, good brake pads. I'll think of something. Its safe to drive it but i rather it be fix them drive it like that n something happen.

No air in the lines, bled em n still kinda:( I mean the pedal is stiff/firm it stops real good but, downhill have to push them all the way. I kinda wonder if something is sticking or stuck, piston or shoe or something. I got new cyl, caps, good brake pads. I'll think of something. Its safe to drive it but i rather it be fix them drive it like that n something happen.

Did you ever adjust rear brakes (the shoes) because sometimes when they
need adjustment they do that.

Im sure that could be it, i never heard of this. I was reading a thread on here about that but overlooked it:rolleyes:

I hope that's all it is. Well how does one adjust the shoes? or pretty much get the idea?
Well im glad you told me/reminded me FMster.

I really forgot about that issue.

Im sure that could be it, i never heard of this. I was reading a thread on here about that but overlooked it:rolleyes:

I hope that's all it is. Well how does one adjust the shoes? or pretty much get the idea?
Well im glad you told me/reminded me FMster.

I really forgot about that issue.

2 ways of adjusting your rear brakes. 1 is by going 5 to 10mph in reverse and slaming on your brake to skid, about 3times. But before you do that you should remove your drums and check your shoes to make sure that they are not worn out. Clean the dirt with a brush (do not inhale dust!!!) and lubricate
the springs and the metal that rubs (do not lub the brake shoe surface,drum).
When cleaning or putting new shoes do 1 side at a time,in case you forget how a piece go's on. 2nd Where the lines come in facing the rearend there is ahole that with a scewdriver or a special tool,you can turn the wheel that will
adjust or tighten the brake shoe.(the drums must be on) I would do the 2nd
than after 6 months I'd do the 1st. Good luck.

wheel cylinders

Part for S10 wheel cylinders is WC37644 that an Oreilly Auto Parts brakebest # they are $9.99 each.

S10 cyl for 10 bucks WOW sounds like a deal. Thanks for the help guys, im gonna go ahead n SLAM MY BRAKES N SKID!! sounds mucho fun ;) nah but ok let me try that out.