Brake fluid leak in rear between the wheels

chicago

Chitown
This is probably an easy one for those well versed in brake systems.

Had to remove the dash panel from my column shift TR, so had to put the car in drive to pull it off. After fixing my problem, cycled into drive again, and heard air coming from the rear of the car when I depressed the brake. Brake light came on (obviously). Got out and looked, to find two puddles --- one larger on the pass side of the rear end, and a smaller one on the driver's side.

What needs to be replaced? Is it the rubber hose section? I'd like to figure this out and have parts before I take it in to be fixed.

TIA, jn.

Chicago,

After reading your description here, you may need to get under your car and check the rear cylinders. The cylinders may have slap blown out and not the jump line.

Hard to diagnose over the internet sometimes....

Z

look at both the hard and soft lines. cylinder leaks usually show up inside the drums. the brake line leaks show up on the driveway.

refill power master pump the brakes and see where it is coming from.probably a rotted line,but could be the rubber hose as well. DO NOT patch brake lines buy replacements.

inline tube 800 385 9452 Inline Tube - Preformed Stainless & OEM Brake Line Sets

classic tube 800 882 3711 Classic Tube - PreBent and Custom Stainless and OE Brake Lines and more...

these are well worth the money i have used their tranny lines,brake lines,fuel lines fit is great to excellent.not worth trying to bend them yourself.if your main line is rotted you may need a few others .ask me how i know?

Thanks everyone. Just off the phone. Rusted brake lines. Just ordered stainless lines, clips, and hoses from Inline Tube. Thanks GMV6TURBOPOWER for the websites. They're going to ship the parts today. I would really just like to actually DRIVE my car. Imagine that.