brake bleeding

jooset

Got this over in brakes area, but looking to accomplish tomorrow...

Just put new front disks/rotors on as well as new rear wheel cylinders. Now, let me get this straight....

Pump pedal 10-15 times with the key not in. Uncover reservoirs. Empty PM side (turkey baster??). Then do the bleeding procedure from each wheel (I like to use gravity method), one at a time (PR, DR, PF, DF). Keep fluid in the driver side reservoir as I go, careful not to let the front port become uncovered with fluid. Once done with the 4 wheels, top off the reservoir, recover, and check things out. What's the correct method to ensure the reservoirs are filled to the correct level? No other pedal pumping other than the initial 10-15??

How does that sound?

Thanks for the help / Matt

Thanks. I was thinking I was missing something obvious...because it took me three tries. Finally, got it done and the pedal feels like it used to. Still not sure how I gooned it up the first couple of tries. Gravity bleeding worked pretty well in the end. After all that practice....I'm actually pretty good at it now.

Can't wait to put the first 400 or so miles on and get the rotors/pads bedded in there (Baers in front). Don't notice a big difference yet in the back (S-10 wheel cylinders).

Thanks again.