Brake Bleeding Question?

Hognose

Is there a special way you are supposed to bleed the breaks with the Poweremaster system? Any difference than regular vaccumm brakes? Thanks

Matthew

A real easy way I've found is to use one of those $20 brake bleeder vacuam pumps you can get at a parts store. Leave the ignition on so the PM runs but don't let the reservoir run dry. Bleed till fluid shows clear, farthest to nearest of PM....rt rear, lt rear, rt front, lt front.

Originally posted by tim87tr
A real easy way I've found is to use one of those $20 brake bleeder vacuam pumps you can get at a parts store. Bleed till fluid shows clear, farthest to nearest of PM....rt rear, lt rear, rt front, lt front.

The directions with my pump say if you are bleeding with the pump start from the nearest to farthest wheel. Don't know if it would make a difference or not.:)

Originally posted by 6pack
The directions with my pump say if you are bleeding with the pump start from the nearest to farthest wheel. Don't know if it would make a difference or not.:)
I tried the closest wheel method and it seemed that the brakes were not entirely bled, and then did it again starting at the farthest wheel. My goal was to remove and replace as much fluid as possible...I think I had some 80,000 OEM brake fluid:rolleyes: ;)

On a side note for the front brakes, new calipers are only $15 after core trade-in, brake lines about $11, and Morse Ceramic pads (AutoZone) are about $45. This is the second car I've added those Ceramics on, and it makes a very noticeable difference in stopping power, and eliminates most of the dust.