Braided Fuel Line

TTipe

Snake Skinner
I kinked the fuel feed line and the Teflon went plastic (it's not going to return to it's original shape). Should I cut the kink out and install a union? I was going to put air through the line to blow out any possible debris caused by from the kink. I think fuel pressure through the line may push some of the kink out of the line. This kit which I purchased is a nightmare due to the lack of routing & bracket position instructions. Any help is appreciated.

Can you just add a fuel pressure hose with fuel injection pressure clamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went through this a few months ago when I cracked my feed line. I was going to use that as an excuse to make a pair of steel braided AN lines... Boy was that a mistake. The feed is doable but will be EXPENSIVE to do it right. The return, for some damn reason, uses oddball fittings that just can't be found in 'bolt in' form.

I ended up going with a replacement SS line from classidtube. I think the upgrade to SS was $10 and it was pretty close to right when I took it out of the box. My engine was on the stand at the time so it was a little easier to tweak it and make sure it's happy place wasn't in a bind or rubbing.

Like you I had thought about repairing mine but I kinda wanted to get rid of the 30year old rubber section and I kept thinking about what hot gas behind a pinhole at 70PSI would do if it hit the turbo.........

It's really simple actually, depending on your feed line requirements i'm using -10 feed from the pump to a y block and then -8 to each rail.
On the return you can use the stock feed line as your return line.
I would not bother messing with the stock lines at all unless your running 9's or faster...

It's really simple actually, depending on your feed line requirements i'm using -10 feed from the pump to a y block and then -8 to each rail.
On the return you can use the stock feed line as your return line.
I would not bother messing with the stock lines at all unless your running 9's or faster...
No experience with the teflon hose, but it is my understanding a -8 Teflon is the same as a -10 braided hose internal diameter that is.
Maybe you can cut your teflon hose and run a slide in male/male adapter

s-l1600.jpg

2 of these and then a FM/FM fitting to join them

This stuff is very interesting. I know I need to repair the feed line. One of my friends suggested a y and feeding both sides of the rail. This is all good . I did the braided lines to support fuel control at low pressure, to reduce back pressure on my 430 lph pump (will static a set of 80's with the proper voltage). 9's are a big deal and most have no idea what it takes to get there.

This stuff is very interesting. I know I need to repair the feed line. One of my friends suggested a y and feeding both sides of the rail. This is all good . I did the braided lines to support fuel control at low pressure, to reduce back pressure on my 430 lph pump (will static a set of 80's with the proper voltage). 9's are a big deal and most have no idea what it takes to get there.

To answer your question, yes you should cut out the kink. The price of 2 fittings and wrestling with installing them will be way less than dealing with a potential fire or leaning out your motor due to a restriction in the feed line. From what ive seen and read, once you kink it the teflon is compromised and should be replaced.