Braided front brake lines?

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
How much of a difference does replacing the stock lines for the braided lines really make in how solid the pedal feels? Just curious to the before and after .

Its actually three rubber lines replaced as there is one going from the rear hard line to the rear axle. IMO well worthy the money as the pedal feel is greatly improved.

Just going to do the 2 front ones..... global west has a set from summit. Guess I'll order the set

russel has the set of front and rear lines , listed as for monte carlo but works

Gbody parts has a set. I added them this past summer. Made a difference for sure.

Same results here, well worth it and less likely to blow than stock 25 year old lines. :eek:

Russell kits fits like a glove and the difference in your brakes is worth the money.

Just a quick update: bought a set of braided front lines from global west, the kit did not come with the copper crush washers or new bolts. At 75 bux I would have expected washers at least.

Anyway , after installing these, I saw a huge improvment in pedal firmness. Very happy with results. Also , after inspecting the old lines once they were off the car, I noticed just how bad of shape they were in. Cracked all over. Was definately time to replace.

Bringing this back since i just replaced my two front lines. I dont have a lift and that rear one is a pita!! Has anyone done it while the car is on jack stands? If so, how? Also, is it really necessary to do the rear? Thanks in advance.

i wonder if someone makes them so they don't turn and loosen the bolt. this happened to me 2 years ago and i went back to the rubber lines.

I just went out and tightened mine just in case,lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hmm, I have two G-bodies, one with steel braided lines and the other I just replaced the 25 year hoses with new rubber ones and didnt notice a difference detween the two cars. The real difference is just replacing the old stock ones with new ones.

i installed my braided rear brake line using jack stands. it was definitely not easy. doing the frame-side was very difficult. but also, i don't have the transverse stock muffler any more, but even then...