BPG NATS VIDEO DVD's For Sale

69GS400s

I hope Im not violating any rules by posting this here....If so let me know and I'll remove the post.......

2004dvd1.jpg

What is being offered is a 3-disk DVD set that contains over Three and a Half Hours of material shot at the BPG's FIRST National event this past August in Salem OH - 3 1/2 hours of BUICK FUN should be enough to cure even our Canadian Friends' Winter Blues

Here's what We've Got -

2004dvdsat.jpg

Disk One covers Saturday alone as it was a huge day of Showing and Racing our cars. The Car Show segment lasts over 30 minutes featuring most of the cars at the event and features Lots interviews !! It also contains over 30 minutes of racing - both Test and tune as well as Time Trials.....from daylight to dusk.....into the nighttime racing under the lights

2004dvdsun.jpg

Disk Two is dedicated to Sunday's racing, Racing, and More Racing !!! If you ran on Sunday......You're on this DVD. Ther are over 180 Races on this Disk alone

2004dvddisk3.jpg

Disk 3 is a grab bag from the rest of the event lasting just over an Hour and a Half. It includes Pit interviews with Diehard Buick people and their cars, Racing from Thurs and Friday, The A&W Cruise, Excerpts from the Restoration Clinic hosted by Duane Heckman, Mark Deconti and "The Man" Dennis Manner himself !! There are other fun things thrown in as well such as Kevin (Wolverine)'s Engine swap, Johnno Antics and More.....

How can you get a set of the 3 DVD's ??? How Much are they ??

The 3-DVD set will be $40.00 plus $6.50 for Shipping & Handling (Continental US only).

I will also sell single DVD's if you are not interested in all 3 - $15.00 / Ea. plus $3 S&H.

You can order them IMMEDIATELY by PayPal (Preferred) or by sending a Money Order or Bank/Cashiers Check (I will take a personal check, but its going to have to clear first....)

Paypal should be sent to ALAN@ITNNETWORKS.COM

If you need to send a check, Click Here for my address

If anyone has any questions.....feel free to post here or contact me privately at the above Email addy.

Thanks NJTurbo !!

Originally posted by gn85
Wouldn't happen to have a trailer we could see, would ya?

I made 5 clips of passes last nite and :rolleyes: DOH !! :rolleyes: Left he disc I burned them to at home. I'll have them up tomorrow....

I'll be honest guys....this was predominantly a GS event - there were quite a few Turbo Cars and there's plenty of footage of them but the ratio at the event, and therefore the Video is nothing like the BG Nats

.....Still if you're into Both the GS's and the GN's, its 3.5 hours of BUICK Fun - all shot on Digital Video and Edited on a high-end system. Quality of both picture and sound are terrific. I've sold about 40 sets so far over on V8Buick.com and have had nothing but rave reviews.

Thanks for the consideration

Guys

So you know 69GS400s has donated a set of these to TB.COM and we will be giving them away as soon as we get them.

I also ordered a set, I am fussy and cheap a typical Buick owner. I will let you know how good they are when I receive mine

:cool:

:(

Really disappointed , My sweetheart ordered the tapes, not good.... 1st tape was really nothing but V8 cars, with a smattering, if that of turbo cars. What disappoints me is there were turbo cars there, and lots of them. Obviously that was not what you were interested in. This tape should not have been offered to the Turbo community, as for the other 2 CD's, there was nothing on them.......... black screen........

Originally posted by 69GS400s
Thanks NJTurbo !!...............I'll be honest guys....this was predominantly a GS event - there were quite a few Turbo Cars and there's plenty of footage of them but the ratio at the event, and therefore the Video is nothing like the BG Nats.....................

When I attended the BPG event last August, I discussed the car count with one of the event directors. He said about 300 GS cars and 40 turbo cars. So the CD's should mainly be showing V-8 cars.:)

I am a junky for Big Blocks and Turbo's, if it is a Buick I am happy. All my DVD'S played okay here. :cool:

Originally posted by JCotton
:(

Really disappointed , My sweetheart ordered the tapes, not good.... 1st tape was really nothing but V8 cars, with a smattering, if that of turbo cars. What disappoints me is there were turbo cars there, and lots of them. Obviously that was not what you were interested in. This tape should not have been offered to the Turbo community, as for the other 2 CD's, there was nothing on them.......... black screen........

Well Mr. Cotton, I am sorry you are disappointed. As I stand behind the quality of my product, I am offering you a full refund.

As a businessman, I would have expected you to first try and contact me for resolution of any product difficulties you experienced before posting a negatively toned evaluation - an evaluation based on only one third of the product.

Which Disc esactly were you able to view ? Sat ?? Sun ?? or the compilation ??

I was very concerned about the ratio of Turbo cars represented in my product and that is why I first shipped NJTurbo a set for evaluation purposes. I asked him repeatedly if he felt the material contained would appeal to the Turbo Buick Community. He felt it would......

.... What disappoints me is there were turbo cars there, and lots of them. Obviously that was not what you were interested in.
Again, your opinion based on what ?? Viewing one thid of the material ?? Sundays' Raceday coverage of the eliminations for the Turbo classes is about as complete as I can imagine.

What I was interested in is providing some FUN for people to watch. This is not my livelyhood - Yet I devoted 14 hours of my time during the event and at least 150 hours of editing time afterward to provide the Buick Community at large with something I thought they would enjoy. For the record, I got to make exactly 2 passes during the whole event because I was busy filming the rest of the time. Also for the record, I have not nearly recouped my costs to make these DVD's available. Besides your order there was exactly 2 other orders I received from this offering

That doesn't really bother me at all. What bothers me is you watched one of THREE tapes, DID NOT consider the ratio of Turbo cars to Big Block cars (As Mr. Micale stated) when voicing your opinion, and instead bash my product.

....Perhaps I shouldn't have edited out all of the passes where DaPumpkin sputtered and coughed up FurBalls on its way down the quarter mile. Would that have made you happy ??

Please PM me your address where Imay send a refund.

Kind Regards

Alan

Well,, now that's some cheap shots from an obvious V8 enthuisiast, I simply assessed the 1st tape, which had virtually no turbo cars, plenty of turbo cars in the background, obviously edited out or not shot when they came to the line or burnout box. That was my only disappointment. There were no shots of turbo cars in the pits, I WAS THERE, and there were plenty of them there, the first tape we watched was Thurs- Friday tape. I didn't bash your product, I assesed it for what I saw. I actually thouroughly enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so, but after that, kept waiting for some turbo car shots........... didn't happened, heard em in the background, just never saw them....... You did an excellent job................ don't minimize the lack of turbo cars due to car count.............. we were there and in pretty large numbers, certainly enough for yu to have interviewed someone else besides V8 cars. I did not say anything negative, simply stated what I received....... a great product, just not what I expected.

ASs for the furr balls.............. hmmmmmmmmm, now thats a cheap shot, I wouldn't expect from a businessman.

Also for the record, I have not nearly recouped my costs to make these DVD's available. Besides your order there was exactly 2 other orders I received from this offering

Keep the money................. I appreciate the effort, sorry if my post didn't ring well for you.

Mr. Cotton -

Thank you for your reply. I wish to apologize for what I see as the only possible cheap shot that I made - It was a knee-jerk reaction to you totally negative opinion of my product which I felt and still feel is unjust. I will also say that it was a tongue-in-cheek bit of humor too, cynical as most of us NY'ers are - even you must admit that when the High-Strung Turbo6 cars aren't dialed in 100% the cough, sputter and spit. It was wrong of me to react this way and I do apologise.

In your most recent post you stated

I actually thouroughly enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so...

....You did an excellent job....

... a great product, just not what I expected....

and

.... I appreciate the effort

Thank You, Sir !! - those are very nice compliments and I truely appreciate them coming from you. I do however wish you had stated any ONE of them in your first post - instead there was only negativity portrayed- Yes, Negativity

Really disappointed .....not good.....What disappoints me is ......should not have been offered

I think you can agree there is at least some negative undertones contained there ??

Last nite while thinking about our conversation here I couldn't help returning to the fact that you only were able to watch one out of THREE DVD's and that your opinion as posted - A lack of Turbo Car Action - was limited to what you saw....so I did some research.

On Sunday's disc, which you did not get to see, there are over 180 Drag races to watch - out of those 180+ races, 68 contained Turbo Cars !! Thats OVER ONE THIRD OF THE RACES !!

On Saturday's Disc, which again you did not get to see, there are just under 60 Drag Races to watch - out of these 26 contained Turbo Cars !! THATS OVER ONE HALF OF THE RACES !!!!

Saturday's disc also contains about 30 minutes of ithe Car Show and nterviews with Owners. Unfortunaely I experienced Camera troubles and the last parts I filmed , the Riviera and Turbo sections came out all washed out - so bad it was unuseable and I do apologise to the Turbo People for this. I had done 3 interviews with the Turbo Car crowd and spent time talking with them and telling them about my unique car.

The Disc you were able to view was put together from "the Rest of the Story" ....everything that wasn't Saturday Race/Show or Sunday Raceday. I briefly scanned the first few race sections this morning and counted 13 out of 28 races contained Turbo Cars......
:confused: I did not have time to look at the later sections. As to who I interviewed ??? Mostly my friends that I felt comfortable asking to step in front of the Camera....Yes, mostly V8 guys

Also, I did do a very nice Interview with GNX-tasy ?? The Twin-Turbo car and the two gentleman who work it....but I felt it inappropriate to use after their crash......

Were these DVD's expressly created for the Turbo Crowd ?? Absolutely not. Did I intentionally NOT film any Turbo car races ?? ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! Did I intentionally Edit out the Turbo Cars ?? Look at the counts above for the Sat and Sunday Discs and the percentages speak for themselves. BTW, you appear at least 3 times in Sunday's disc.

Two last closing comments - I stated in my original post to you that I had sold 2 copies ....that needs to be ammended to read two copies Here on This board to the Turbo audience here - Actually 3 now. Who ever said Bad Press is better than No press was correct :D

.....And Lastly

Keep the money................. I appreciate the effort, sorry if my post didn't ring well for you

No Sir !!!! I am No Man's Charity Case - But I do have an amicable resolution to offer you:

I will ship you out replacement DVD's for the Saturday and Sunday Discs. Watch them at your convenience. If after viewing them you are still not satisfied I will refund your money.

If you are satisfied with them perhaps a small message that "Rings well" may be in order.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Kind Regards
Alan

Like I said before, I watched them all, the quality was AWESOME and there was a decent amount of Turbo Cars through the weekend videos. I had a few buddy's over and they also liked them very much:cool:

Thank you Allan for the response, no harm meant. I too had a bit of a knee jerk reaction sunday nite. After planning a nice evening with my sweetheart, we settled down to watch the tapes, honestly, I was so excited watching the first 20-30 minutes I actually began dreaming about building a V8 ....... carburated, nasty ride, then turned to a V8 turbo charged, eventually I settled on a stage 2, turbo-charged GS......... the tape was working, I was excited, looking forward to making the trip back to Salem, just faded as I watched .......... no need to hash it over, you did an excellent job. I look forward to watching the other 2 CD's and hope that you can recoup your investment. I let you know how the rest are and am sure I will again enjoy your efforts.

I purchased the complete set of BPG Nationals DVDs and was so impressed with both the Turbo and the V8 coverage that I have ordered (6) more sets to give out to my BUICK BUDDIES !!!

The coverage is fantastic.....If you were there your car is probably on the DVD.....very entertaining......

A MUST HAVE FOR ANY BUICK GUY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Jack - thanks for being open-minded. I think you will enjoy the racing contained in the other 2 discs. I will PM you to ask for your shipping address

BTW - Here's a nice shot I took of you at the Nats (either its you or there are 2 pumpkins ?? :confused: :D )

cotton.jpg

TufBuick - THANK YOU so much for your quantity purchase. It was a huge suprise for me and really made my day. I owe you a few cold ones in Salem of Englishtown this year and look foward to meeting you.