boxing stock lower control arms

smooth87

BATMAN
is it worth the time and effort to box the stock LCA's? would they perform similar to aftermarket boxed arms? TIA

thanks for the link, took me like 20 min. to read through that, lol. i've heard lots of good things about HR's LCA's from everyone that uses them. i dont have much for money right now, but i do have access to a welder/plasma cutter. i'm a sucker for an easy install though, so maybe it's worth it to spend a little more money. what about those SLP bars? they're priced about $110. they come with bushings, though they're not poly i dont think. and they don't look the same.. they say fully boxed but they looked like an I beam from the picture. if i'm gonna buy any... they'll prolly be HR's, but i just wanna get an idea of what's out there. i'm surely not going to see faster than low 12's for a while.... unless i can afford PRO-PAIN:D so i'm sure performance-wise, boxed stockers would hold up. how many of you guys boxed your own?

I boxed both my lower and upper control arm, Glad I did. I noticed a tremendous difference with the way the car felt and hooked!!! Poly Bushings here too! You wont be disappointed!

My car had horrible wheel hop on any launch over 0psi until I boxed my control arms. I put in Energy Suspensions bushings at the same time. Others have told me that a properly operating *stock* rear suspension should not hop like mine did, and I probably had worn bushings to start. So I can't tell you whether boxing the arms or replacing the bushings were the better fix for me.

If you have a plasma cutter, then do them yourself....replacing the bushings with something newer is a good idea as well.