BOV Question.

Bret.H

it's not a MONTE CARLO!!!
My old Turbonetics "cheeta" turbo took a dump. I'm thinking of going with a PTE 6265 Billet wheel. I was told I would need a BOV. I am planning on selling my car once I get the turbo replaced. Can I still use the factory oil feed and return lines? Thanks

It is not mandatory to have to run a BOV on a Turbo Buick. 99% of the cars out there do not run Blow Off Valves. However, the ported shroud S cover is recommended to help eliminate surge conditions under part throttle conditions. The S ported shroud cover has a 4" inlet and 2.5" discharge so if your turbo had a 3" inlet and 2" discharge, you would need to change your inlet and discharge hoses and clamps.

Yes, you can still reuse your oil feed and oil return lines with our Billet 6265 turbo.

Patrick

P.S. Hello fellow GTO owner.

Thanks Patrick. :)

Based on my sig what turbo would you recommend as a replacement for my old one?

P.S. I plan on keeping my GTO, but after my GN is fixed it has to go. I have a mountain of medical bills and since it is paid for it has to go. :frown:

The 6265 would work well with your combo. Injectors would be fine as well.
I would also recommend our Air Cooled Dual Ball Bearing center cartridge, for the absolute quickest spool up available. This turbo is available with 3 compressor cover options.

E cover (3" in, 2" out)
S cover (4" in, 2.5" out)
SP cover. (4" in, 2.5" out with ported shroud)

For a street car, I would recommend the SP cover, for not only reliability but also for surge protection under partial throttle conditions.
I completely understand about your GTO. If it's low miles and in great condition, you're in good shape. Brazen Orange is one of the most highly sought after colors.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Thanks again Patrick. Yes my BOM is low miles, just a little over 4k. :biggrin:

Well Patrick, I just ordered a 6265 JB with SP cover with a .63 AR and a HP actuator. I also picked up a RJC Boost Controller.

Thanks goes out to Holly at Hartline Performance for all her help as well.

Well Patrick, I just ordered a 6265 JB with SP cover with a .63 AR and a HP actuator. I also picked up a RJC Boost Controller.

Bret,
It was my pleasure to help you out with your New Turbo. I only hope you have time to enjoy it on the car before you have to sell the car.
Thank you again for your business.

Bret- Hey Man good to see ya on the Board! I drive by your house in Fairmont every time I go through on my way to York but never see anything there except the Green Chevy Truck.

Give me a Hollar if ya need help mounting that beauty when ya get it....... I better take it for a test spin:p:biggrin:

Ty

Be Careful, I might just take you up on that threat. :biggrin:

Woo Hoo! :D My new Turbo arrived today. Looks great! Thanks again to everyone involved.

I was here, but I was feeling a little under the weather. Turbo is installed! Yea!
I haven't had a chance to drive it myself, but when my Dad brought it home he said it ran fine. I plan on babying it for a few trips, till I'm sure there are no issues with the install, as I used a new mechanic this time. Looks like that won't happen untill spring if the weather man is right. So, I guess I'll drive it a little next spring and then it'll be up for sale. :(