BOV install location

TheGovernment

Alright before I get told I don't need one,.... I already know that. I'm doing this for fun just to try it out because I got the brand new BOV for free. I have 2 questions:

1. I'm assuming that the BOV (godzilla) goes on the up pipe correct? I have 2 up-pipes so modding one for the BOV is easy as can be. If not installed there, where?

2. I have alky and will have alky on both up-pipes, does it matter if the BOV is before or after the alky nozzle? I'm wondering if the venting could actually spit out some alky if it vents quick enough? I can't imagine if that could happen it would be very awesome on a smoking hot motor lol.

thanks!!

both up pipes have to go to a common pipe. this is where the alky and the bov should be. the alky should be closest to the throttle body and the bov should be before the alky.

So what happens when you're WOT, the alky is spraying, and you let off? It won't spray a fine mist of alky into the engine bay/hot turbo? Not trying to be a smarta$$, just very curious.

So what happens when you're WOT, the alky is spraying, and you let off? It won't spray a fine mist of alky into the engine bay/hot turbo? Not trying to be a smarta$$, just very curious.

My guess is that since boost is probably measured in the intake manifold not the up-pipe, once the throttle blade is close the manifold with be in vacuume and the alchy/hobbs switch will turn off the alchy so it won't spray...??? If the manifold is still pressurized then some alchy will probably be sprayed out the BOV.... not good.

ks

Someone recommend to me to mount it on the intercooler itself on the driver side before reaching the up pipe.... Confused

So where is best between the "turbo and the IC or on the "driver side before the up pipe" ????

The best place is on the up-pipe. If you have alky then just vent the boost back into the MAF pipe after the MAF sensor. This way you're not venting boost and alky into the engine bay. Any alky that's goes into the MAF pipe pre-turbo will just be put back into the system and any boost not sucked back in through the turbo will just exit out the air filter.

Will take a pic of mine when I hit the garage later this morning. Running one of our front mount IC's and have it mounted half way up the up pipe facing towards driver's side. Yes, running alky which is installed right before the TB. Not recirculating and never had any issues.

I was told b4 the alky going into the tb.

Attachments

• image-3194695391.jpg
    image-3194695391.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 155
You need a BOV when your socks and your fan delay relay need some company in your bureau drawer. :p

TR Custom Parts said:
It is a personal preference and an age old debate. If you want one go for it.

For cars running 10.90s is a bov needed? Heck maybe I should just ask what power level?

A BOV is really only needed on turbo cars with a manual transmission to keep the compressor wheel moving in between shifts when u have to let off the throttle to change gears. On an automatic transmission you don't have to let off the throttle since the tranny is changing gears for you. Therefore you don't have the backup of pressure coming back out through the compressor and out the air filter. The BOV is beneficial on automatic tranny turbo cars to relieve stress on the turbine from the backfeed of boost through the compressor when you do let off the throttle. Won't hurt but isn't going to net you anything speed or horsepower wise.