Bought the wife a goat

Well, I just talked to ins. agent about the GTO, he called me back and said that this is ugly, too the tune of 1100.00 a year, that is just to much to pay for a Sunday driver, if this was a daily driver I would prolly do it, oh well can't afford to pay cash.

Ron

Originally posted by ronbuick
Well, I just talked to ins. agent about the GTO, he called me back and said that this is ugly, too the tune of 1100.00 a year, that is just to much to pay for a Sunday driver, if this was a daily driver I would prolly do it, oh well can't afford to pay cash.

Ron

That's less than $100/mo... seems pretty cheap to me.

damn 1100 ain't bad, i guess im 21 and in college so im used to a little higher rates, but what rates were you expecting? Seems good to me as well unless its not full coverage or something

I think I pay about $80 a month for the '99 TA and that was the cheapest I could find and still be able to drive it anywhere I wanted, but is listed as a pleasure vehicle not driven everyday to work, so $100/month is probably about right for a '05 GTO.
You can always do "Collector/Classic Car" insurance, but then you can never leave it unattended unless its in a locked garage, but only costs about $25 a month.

!00.00 a month for a Sunday driver, too much for me, but for a daily driver I would do it, I live a mile from my shop and that would be a waste to drive the GTO a mile each way everyday, that is what I have beaters for.

Ron

Yeah, I know what you mean. I pay more than $100/mo for my Cobra and it's my evening/weekend bruiser... but it's worth every penny! :D I drive the beater to work.

I insured my GN as a part time driver (less than 10k miles per year) and it cost me about 400 bucks a year. And I was 24 at the time. That's with collision too.

The best insurance deal I've heard is my uncle though. The guy does huge corporate real estate brokering deals, makes gobs of cash. He owns, among many cars, Aston Martin DB-7 Vantage convertible (drove it, eh, I'll pass for $150,000), Ferrari 355, Mercedes SL500. He has three or four others, but those are the highlights. I asked him how much he pays in insurance per year. $3000. All part time drivers and he is the only one on the policy (he is around mid 50s agewise). When he and my aunt got together (they were both married before) he was going to add her on to his policy. Ha! The quote went up to $15,000 a year with her driving record on there.

100$ a month?I'm 18 and work only like 20-30hrs a week and still pay 141$ a month. My other friend pays 2600$ a yr.

100 a month?!I want that!!