Bought the wife a goat

bogie1

We have a new daily driver 2005 GTO automatic. Phantom black. I felt like this was the GN of 2005 and as ugly as it seems now it will age with time, and get much faster as the after market stuff comes out;)

Attachments

• goata.jpg
    goata.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 650
looks awesome man, i likem a lot. Get some track times on it, im really curious to see what the ls2s with the autos run at the track

It only had 9 miles yesterday when i bought it. I have 250 on tonight . by Sunday (Drag Day) I hope to have 500 . If so it's an oil and filter change and off to Piedmont dragstrip. It's funny but this is the first new car I have owned that has a section in the owners manual about racing and running it competeivley. It's doesn't say much only to monitor you oil useage more closely when racing in competetive events. :D
Will post if I go.

Good looking Grand Am.... No disrespect but GM's been brain dead for a long time in the design department and Ford's kicking their ass. I'm NOT a Ford fan whatsoever but I would have spend the $ on this...it's HOT:

Attachments

• 2007 svt cobra.jpg
    2007 svt cobra.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 578
I saw that ATI is offering a super charger for the 05 LS2 GTO with 8lbs of boost and claiming 50-50% hp increase...geese that over 600 HP.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Good looking Grand Am.... No disrespect but GM's been brain dead for a long time in the design department and Ford's kicking their ass. I'm NOT a Ford fan whatsoever but I would have spend the $ on this...it's HOT:

we'll see if the cobra really looks like that if they even make a cobra. The new Mustangs imo are not very appealing from anywhere but the front. That pic of the cobra is a good looking car though. but id rather have a goat, sedate and quick

Originally posted by bogie1
I saw that ATI is offering a super charger for the 05 LS2 GTO with 8lbs of boost and claiming 50-50% hp increase...geese that over 600 HP.

wait till they crack into the ls2s pcm first, the torque managment on these cars is gonna kill the times. Popular hotrodding picked up huge ET on a C6 by disabling the TM. It went from a 13.0 at 109 stock to a 11.50 at 118.8 with 3.90s, with sticky tires, longtubes, 160 thermostat with fan controls programmed to come on earlier and the torque management removed

Here is the back view. They got the sound right on the exhaust note. Pure burble/growl. The 6.0 feels like one Torque monster. It comes with a 90mm throttle body so I know there's a lot more cheap Hp to be had. If it will run 13.0 pure stock (my 1986 GN ran 14.4 @about 96 mph pure stock in '86), then with a chip and cold air, 160 therm and some exhaust work I should be up there with the new Cobras.

Attachments

• goat2a.jpg
    goat2a.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 603
I think I may have to get test drive one of them. I hated them when they first came out but now they have grown. Definately be black like yours that thing looks great.

2 black leather 8 way pwr seats up front and 2 black leather buckets in rear (2+2). Black carpet, black door trim etc. chrome trim on dash.:cool:

OH Boy ! The UPS GUY brought my new CPT65 BB Turbo!! Damn, I have to work now until Monday. If only I could get it installed on the GN before Sunday, Then I could race my wife! It could get embarrasing If I fry the tires all the way down the track in the GN and she beats me in the new Cavlalier.:D

Nice! :)

I'm OK with the 05's, the hoods scoops and split duals give it enough flare and of course the 400HP don't hurt.;)

I want one, but I have to get a 4 door to help haul the kids around, looking at a nice low mileage 96 Impala SS so I can at least enjoy the drive while I'm at it.

There was an 05 at the Philly Auto Show that had a very subtle ground effects kit including a chin spoiler for the front, and it looked spectacular. I test drove an 04 M6 and the thing absolutely ripped, so I can't wait to see what another 50 horses will do. I definitely hated them until I test drove one, but since then they've grown on me. I was all about the 05 mustang until I saw one on the street. It definitely looked more aggresive in magazine pics, I wasn't too impressed. Plus the wheels are ugly as sin

Pontiac claims the A4 faster to 60mph, 4.6 vs 4.7 but both end up at 13.0. First track visit on another site by an individual was 12.9 for a M6. With more hitting the streets and track, more 12 second runs will follow.

They are dynoing anywhere from 32x-34x at the wheels.

Even the '04's got down into the 13.1x range for a couple guys, all bone stock. Very hard to launch and takes practice to get the hang of it.

Congrats on the nice ride :)

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Guess you need glasses. Park one next to a Grand Am and they look nothing alike.

Glad to see Ford's design department really making new designs... Which design department of the '60's will be next? Very forward thinking :rolleyes:

I hate it when you guys change your mind and say you like the GTO. How in the hell am I going to get another one for peanuts to complement my 04 if you fools don't keep saying you hate it?

strike

:D

I HATE IT

and there gay

thats a new one,it looking like a Grand Am...
My neighbor had 3 Caveleirs(sp?) in his driveway,I had to walk down there to make sure he didnt have a GTO,hes thinking of putting GTO badges on them tho...but GM beat him to it:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BandAid≈
I HATE IT

and there gay

thats a new one,it looking like a Grand Am...
My neighbor had 3 Caveleirs(sp?) in his driveway,I had to walk down there to make sure he didnt have a GTO,hes thinking of putting GTO badges on them tho...
But GM beat him to it.... ;)