bought an M1 Garand and a 1911

BIGPSI

bought a para ordinance 1911 gi expert stainless,i also got a clean M1 garand . i can't wait to shoot both of these. both of my grandpa's carried a M1 Garand in WW2,kinda why i've always wanted one,plus i think they are sweet. for the 1911 i have always been a fan of them,and this was in a good price range,so i will see how it does

shot them both today,both shot awesome with no troubles. i really liked the M1. the para 45 was smooth.

I've had 2 Garands so far. One was in the original caliber and the second is a 7.62 X 51 (308) match rifle. I've aways had a soft spot for WWII weapons especially since my father was in it. He never talked about it but after many hours of searching I found out he was part of "the bulge" in the ardens (sp). They are great weapons (1911 or Garnands) so enjoy them. They were built to survive and work regardless of the conditions.;)

bought a para ordinance 1911 gi expert stainless,i also got a clean M1 garand . i can't wait to shoot both of these. both of my grandpa's carried a M1 Garand in WW2,kinda why i've always wanted one,plus i think they are sweet. for the 1911 i have always been a fan of them,and this was in a good price range,so i will see how it does
I had one and sold it..regret it...Then come to find out there was a M1 Carbine in my grandmothers closet for 30+ years that my grandfather had gotten from the Marines.. Amazing guns.

i think the M1 carbine will be next on the list,gonna be a while,gotta save some more $

Oh yea I'm never selling that
There's a conversion for them that uses the same ammo as the 455 wedley if you want to have some fun.;) Makes for a very light brush rifle and still usses the stock mags with a little modification to them. :D

Who made your M1? I picked up one years back that was made by Springfield. One of my favorite firearms!

I've had 2 Garands so far. One was in the original caliber and the second is a 7.62 X 51 (308) match rifle. I've aways had a soft spot for WWII weapons especially since my father was in it. He never talked about it but after many hours of searching I found out he was part of "the bulge" in the ardens (sp). They are great weapons (1911 or Garnands) so enjoy them. They were built to survive and work regardless of the conditions.;)

I also have a large soft spot for WWII weapons! Good to see I share some interests with you all besides Buicks :D

I also have a large soft spot for WWII weapons! Good to see I share some interests with you all besides Buicks :D
I started with Mausers and now have several of them as well as a Corcano and the Garrand. My .45 is a custom that I still haven't worked out since it has loading issues and has peened the slide lock.:(

I started with Mausers and now have several of them as well as a Corcano and the Garrand. My .45 is a custom that I still haven't worked out since it has loading issues and has peened the slide lock.:(

Sounds like a pretty nice collection! Sorry about your .45