Bought an '06 GTO

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
I just bought an '06 GTO, M6, Spice Red/Anthracite, with the 17" wheels and I've got to say that the car is VERY impressive.

So far, I've only got about 100 miles on it but the HP and Torque are already incredible to experience. I can't imagine how the monster will feel when it gets broken in and loosened up.

Here are a couple of pics... (and yes, I DEFINITELY still have the GN. :biggrin: )

142516899.jpg

142444167.jpg

142815586.jpg

Congrats! She's a beauty.

I have a purple '04 with 27k on the clock now. Lovin' it!

congrats Raven, Did you get any killer rebates or deals on it?? I always liked that car.

Ralph

gnfanatic said:
congrats Raven, Did you get any killer rebates or deals on it?? I always liked that car.

Ralph

I got a killer deal for an '06 - $28,400 plus taxes. :cool:

Congrats! I love mine too!!!!!

I am a representative for a Pontiac/Buick dealership and I must say, this car freakin rocks! There is not much on the street that can touch it for $30K. Fit and finish is awesome and it rides like a BMW. Wait until you get it broken in and then stomp on it... :eek:

just a hint, go buy the dual gauge pod that replaces the top of the HVAC trim piece, it looks really slick and the Holdens come with them from the factory, so all the wiring is already there.

Tom Tom Turbo said:
just a hint, go buy the dual gauge pod that replaces the top of the HVAC trim piece, it looks really slick and the Holdens come with them from the factory, so all the wiring is already there.

Do you have a link to where I could get one?

Saw 2 at the track last night. I don't know what year they were. Each had minor mods. One ran 12.6 the other ran 13.1. The 12.6 might be a 06.

Pronto said:
Saw 2 at the track last night. I don't know what year they were. Each had minor mods. One ran 12.6 the other ran 13.1. The 12.6 might be a 06.

clean your glasses !!! there were 4 or 5 anyway :p :biggrin:

I got there at 7 and after the crash many people bailed. If there were more I didn't see them. Only 2 GTOs hung around to run.

Tom Tom Turbo said:
I know arrowhead performance had them, but I've heard that they are shady to deal with.

GTO pod

try this one

Thanks. Their website said they were currently out of stock but I left my email address for notification when they come in. That is definitely a mod I want to do.

Nice car Raven, I like the spice red. I drove a GTO and considered it also, but just not enough room for me, couldn't make it work. Bought an SRT8 instead.

Good luck.

Congrats on the GTO. That is a nice color!
I don't know what the common wisdom on breaking in the new LS2 motors is. I know some prefer to baby a car during the break in period but on my 02 WS6 I drove it fairly easy but would still occasionally romp on it during the first 500 miles.

Raven said:
I just bought an '06 GTO, M6, Spice Red/Anthracite, with the 17" wheels and I've got to say that the car is VERY impressive.

So far, I've only got about 100 miles on it but the HP and Torque are already incredible to experience. I can't imagine how the monster will feel when it gets broken in and loosened up.

Here are a couple of pics... (and yes, I DEFINITELY still have the GN. :biggrin: )

142516899.jpg

142444167.jpg

142815586.jpg

I bought my wife a phantom black A4 06 GTO about a month ago,I was impressed by it.Never really liked the looks but one ride is enough to forget that.

I took it to the local 1/8 mile track and ran 8.62 with a 2.09 60' and went 84mph,dead stock down to the air cleaner and radials.Weighed the car on the scales and it is heavy,it was #3960 with me in the drivers seat and I weigh #160.

Not bad for a 4000lb car and driver.

I will be buying a new car in the fall. Problem is I KNOW I will touch this car,cai,exh, etc. I dont need 2 toys right now.shame

Tom Tom Turbo said:
Congrats! I love mine too!!!!!

I am a representative for a Pontiac/Buick dealership and I must say, this car freakin rocks! There is not much on the street that can touch it for $30K. Fit and finish is awesome and it rides like a BMW. Wait until you get it broken in and then stomp on it... :eek:

Tom- you going to sell it when the turbo Solstice comes out? I'm surprised you're not driving a Harley by now. :eek:

Im not the biggest fan of the exterior of those things but the interior is really freakin awesome.

Total divergence from typical GM interior quality. If only they made all of their cars that solid on the inside.

sorry Rick, no Turbo Solstice for me, they won't even let me use my discount on a standard one. However, that car is damn good looking, but sure doesn't ride like a GTO.