Bought a vette......

turbosam6

My cars suck
Picked up a 98 C5, black on black (of course). 60K on it, super clean. Haven't got to drive it a ton yet but man it feels good to drive a car that can corner and brake without drama. Gets better gas mileage than most V6's too! Only thing that sucks is its an automatic, I really wanted the 6 speed but decided that I'd rather scarifice that for a cleaner, lower mile car. Its really nice, the interior is like a damn space shuttle! Switches, buttons, levers everywhere! But its really comfortable, and you gotta love that targa top.

I got it for $18.7K, which is pretty average IMO. These things are starting to get cheap.....

"...it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up."

geez Sam, you change cars like underwear!!!! Congrats on the purchase, I've always liked the C5 interior, now you just need to strap a lil turbo on that beast. Let me know the next time you go cruising around Champaign on a Saturday night, maybe I can make it out with the new Camaro.

Oh, I didn't "change" cars. I still have the Z28. I just bought this to cruise, and because I was bored. My Z28 is a blast, but the vette is just more refined. Plus, I feel comfortable letting my wife drive it. She could drive the camaro (I'd never let her), but ever since she wanted to know why my Lightning always went sideways when she raced someone I decided that too much power in her hands is dangerous.

Cool cars. I love my 99 FRC. I lowered it 2" and put a set of CCW's on it. 10.5 up front (275/35/18) 11.5 out back (335/30/18) Corsa X pipe and mufflers, CAI, etc. Not real quick because it spins bad. From a roll it's really fast. Have fun with yours, I sure love mine.

Wife got tired of the 2002 Camaro SS (had a 1998 SS before that).
Good excuse anyway.
Had to be american so cough up some $$ and bought a 07 vette.
The Camaro's Handled nice but vette is in another league.;)

Attachments

• Corvette 2.jpg
    Corvette 2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Vette eng 2.jpg
    Vette eng 2.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 216
Ive told my wife when and If i ever dump the GN and going to a 98-99 vette all the way.

I wanted an FRC so bad, even though I love the targa top. I was actually set to buy one, but kept going back and forth because it had 90K on it. I was set to buy it and the guy sold it. Oh well, I kinda like my coupe now. Took the top out yesterday and cruised with my 2 year old son. Its fun to open the garage and see the black vette and my black camaro.

I bought the wife this one for Christmas. 32.6 mpg to Bowling Green, she's averaging 28.8-30.7 mpg (hand calculating) driving back & forth to school. she don't miss the GN at all. like others said it's not the quickest, but it's a blast to drive. she has already put 9200 miles on it. the good thing is it can be run up to 120k miles or so & it will still bring $17+ when we go to get rid of it, providing it's taken care of, & she does take care of it.

48k miles for $18k

PS: yes it's a 6 speed.:cool:

Attachments

• HPIM0373.jpg
    HPIM0373.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 158
FRC=fixed roof coupe. Also stands for "fuel rail cover" in the LS1 world. Confusing at times.

Dennis, I actually fit in the car pretty well. I can hardly get in a C4, but this car isn't bad at all. It doesn't have the insane door sill like the C4's. The worst part is getting out of the car in my garage because I can barely open the door w/o hitting my camaro. I still need to re-arrange my shelving (and multiple sets of rims and tires) so I can fit it in easier. I never planned on having 2 cars in there, so I got sloppy with the workbench and shelving. I miss my old garage, it was 4 feet wider and 3 feet deeper.

The biggest reason I bought this one instead of another is its black. ALL my cars are black. Its hard to find a clean black one for a decent price. I actually hate C5's, except for the black ones. Its weird, my buddies have a few C5's in different colors and I think they look dumb. For some odd reason the black looks like a totally different car to me.

Gotta order some skins from tirerack.com now. Bye bye money.....

I have the GSD3's now, good tires but mine are wearing funny (not the cars fault). Still deciding whether or not to get run flats. No spare ya know.

Pics of the cars together are coming, once it stops raining and stuff.