Bought a Syclone

Eric

The Beta chip runs great! The hot-idle is much much better, the driveablitiy is spot on, The #1 setting the boost spike up to 15 and settles to about 13-14 psi. This was acheived on 93 octane no knock with the 02 #'s in the mid to high 800's I have not tested the # 2 settings. yet.

I have been thinking. Is it possible to turn the I/C pump driver/ table in the ecm/code to drive a radiator fan. Most of us just simply hot-wire the I/C pump to run all the time. so that function is not used.

This would make a nice addition so we don't have to use those $hitty aftermarket fan controllers.

Thanks buddy!

I found the same thing with my chip. I also have my pump hotwired, I plan on going with the 3 bar. Then comes the chipping for my gn:D

Eric

I have been thinking. Is it possible to turn the I/C pump driver/ table in the ecm/code to drive a radiator fan. Most of us just simply hot-wire the I/C pump to run all the time. so that function is not used.

This would make a nice addition so we don't have to use those $hitty aftermarket fan controllers.

I already have programming in there to activate a fan independently of the intercooler pump. It is programmed to ground one of the unused pins at the ECM, to activate a relay. So no need to steal the intercooler pump output if you don't want.
Eric

I already have programming in there to activate a fan independently of the intercooler pump. It is programmed to ground one of the unused pins at the ECM, to activate a relay. So no need to steal the intercooler pump output if you don't want.
Eric

Now your thinking !!!!!

Hey Pat,
How much does you RPM drop when your converter locks cruising at say 60mph? Mine only drops 75-100rpm. I'm thinking it should be at least 200rpm. I'm wondering if my converter clutch is toast.

Eric

Hey Pat,
How much does you RPM drop when your converter locks cruising at say 60mph? Mine only drops 75-100rpm. I'm thinking it should be at least 200rpm. I'm wondering if my converter clutch is toast.

Eric

i have never noticed but i will hook the scanner up and go for a drive tomorrow and report back!

Glad to hear the news!! I need a scanmaster!

Attachments

• wheelers 009.jpg
    wheelers 009.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 570
I didn't read through this entire thread but do you guys have a release date scheduled for the new setup? I think i'll probably be keeping my syclone and I definitely want to try your setup

Thanks

Eric

Sorry for the long delay to get back to ya. My truck drops about 3-400 rpm on lock up.

Also i went ot drive the Sy yesterday. But the A/C don't work with your chip. I swapped out your chip for the ATR chip and A/C works great.

BTW have you got anywhere with a 60lb program? My buddy needs one bad. He have a 50lb ultimate chip on his 60's with the fuel pressure turned way down.

I didn't read through this entire thread but do you guys have a release date scheduled for the new setup? I think i'll probably be keeping my syclone and I definitely want to try your setup

Thanks

It depends on what injectors you're running. For stock injectors, I have a program that we can work with. Right now I'm putting in 60's to get a good base cal for those.
Regards,
Eric

Eric
Sorry for the long delay to get back to ya. My truck drops about 3-400 rpm on lock up.

Also i went ot drive the Sy yesterday. But the A/C don't work with your chip. I swapped out your chip for the ATR chip and A/C works great.

BTW have you got anywhere with a 60lb program? My buddy needs one bad. He have a 50lb ultimate chip on his 60's with the fuel pressure turned way down.

Ok, looks like my converter clutch must be toast I guess.

I recently discovered the A/C problem. I know what that is, so I'll send you another chip. If you want me to make any other changes, shoot me an email and we can work out the details.

I'm putting 60's in my truck now, so hopefully we'll have something to work with.

Eric

Iam looking to buy a gmc syclone. Does anyone know of any clean low mile ones around? Also what does a clean one go for?
Thanks John

I love the look + the idea of these trucks, but a few yrs after they came out,I wanted one,+ kept running into vehicles with blown engines,failed rods,cranks,+ if i remember correctly bad or ruined blocks ,but that may have been from broken bottom ends taking out the blocks,the more i looked the more scared i got about owning 1,so finally gave up. I found some old magazine articles a yr or 2 ago + kind of got the bug again,started looking for one again + ran into the same thing all over again alot of broken motors,+ other drivetrain problems with the all wheel drive,but mostly destroyed motors,it seems like when these blow up they blow up big time.Maybe i'm wrong but that is what i remember about them when i went to buy one.
I'm not trying to bash them i think they are awesome little trucks,as i said i love the look + the whole idea of a small, fast ,allwheel drive,mini truck with a large turbo v6, + have driven them,they are great,just scared to own one from the past experiences when looking for one to buy.
Am i wrong in my assesment,because i would love to own one if i thought they could handle some beating,because there is no way i could keep my foot out of it, if i got one.
I just sold my supercharged mustang that took 3 or 4 months of lets call it, very spirited driving with out so much as a whimper + begged for more,so i'm thinking the next vehicle i get is going to get a workout. Are these trucks too delicate + i'll be spending months + a ton of money putting one back together if i beat it a little?
Would like to hear realistically just how good or bad these trucks are from owners.