Boost

Chatmanboy

What is the boost set at when stock? im also confused on how to adjust the boost by a (pound). When im driving the car and push the car it dont seem like it spool fast enough like it use to even the guage reading will stop!!!

Stock boost max is around 8-10 lbs. The dash tach and boost gauge are worthless. Get an after market boost gauge. Until the real boost gauge is installed make sure the length of the waste gate actuator rod is the same as the stock one(non adjustable). Get a knock guage. Shortenthing or lengthing the adjustable waste gate actuator one full turn changes boost 1 lb. Rule of thumb. Good luck. Brad

OK I have a aftermarket boost/vacuum gauge from autozone for now. To where is almost in the middle of the gauge. She. I start the car it goes to the left on the vacuum reading 10psi. Is that correct Or should it go straight to the boost side?

Sunpro boost/vac gauge. It's normal, vac reading is the air being pulled in at idle, how well the motor is "pumping" air. (More to it) but yes normal. My gauge(vac side) reads 15-16.

OK is your vacuum reading normal? Because mines only reading 10 maybe I have a leak or the mechanic have my vacuum hoses incorrect!

As far as I know it wont Spool in neutral, you might get a few psi but turbos need a load against them to Spool. Could be wrong but thats what I know. Mine was running 15 when i got her but it had an adjustable wastgate on it so i think some one turned it up.